Author Topic: Call a Toolbar menu from a PopupMenu on the MenuBar  (Read 2008 times)

LogicTools

• Newt
Call a Toolbar menu from a PopupMenu on the MenuBar
« on: April 16, 2020, 02:42:17 PM »
My first post here.
Have retaken lisp after a long pause and I am still a little bit rusty on it, so I am surely can use some help on this subject.

I see that is not possible to attach an image to a PopupMenu on the Menubar but it is possible to show an image button on the Toolbar menu item so, how can I call the Toolbar menu from the Popupmenu on the Menubar?
Anybody has had any experience on this?
Thanks in advance.

d2010

• Bull Frog
Re: Call a Toolbar menu from a PopupMenu on the MenuBar
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 02:29:53 AM »
You do not use too more-complex-caller on Popup Menu. Other mMethod, you can customize your-Toolbar any time  (stretching ToolBar). You see link bellow.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:33:32 AM by d2010 »

LogicTools

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 10:40:36 AM »
Thank you d2010.
I was looking for a way to create menus but I am only familiar with the old .MNx files and was trying to avoid the new CUIx files system, but I guess I will have to put myself to understand it and create and edit CUI files to customize the menus I want.
Thanks again.

tombu

• Bull Frog
  • ByLayer=>Not0
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 12:20:09 PM »
Thank you d2010.
I was looking for a way to create menus but I am only familiar with the old .MNx files and was trying to avoid the new CUIx files system, but I guess I will have to put myself to understand it and create and edit CUI files to customize the menus I want.
Thanks again.
I'm still using the TextPad ASCII editor I used for my MNU files back in the day for lisp and HTML files like my homepage. CUIX files have added a lot of functionality to the interface which I enjoy, but always make a new backup copy before editing one because they're easily corrupted and hard to fix. It's also a good idea to keep a backup copy of the profile you normally use as well. Not trying to discourage anyone it's just that the more powerful the programing the more dangerous it can be if you're not careful.

My default Workspace has two custom tabs, dozens of shortcut menus, and a Quick Access Toolbar with ribbon elements like the "Layer List Combo Box" and "Ribbon Menu Button - Switch Windows". The old ***Accelerators section is now the CUI's Keyboard Shortcuts.
Tom Beauford P.S.M.
Leon County FL Public Works - Windows 7 64 bit AutoCAD Civil 3D

snownut2

• Swamp Rat
  • Bricscad 22 Ultimate
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 12:35:40 PM »
Logictools,

In BricsCAD you can still create the *.mnu files, and add to the BricsCAD menu.  A new CUIX will be created automatically. 

LogicTools

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »
Thank you guys for the tips.
snownut2
Yes. What I did was to create a MNU file load it and then check, by unzipping the CUIx, how CUI files are and compare codes with the old system files.
I think that now I have a much clearer picture and I will be able to go ahead with the menus.
Thanks again

d2010

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 06:08:18 PM »
The main Problem this CUIX is not compatibile with AutoCAD-version.
In BricsCAD you can still create the *.mnu files, and add to the BricsCAD menu.  A new CUIX will be created automatically.

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 08:03:29 PM »
Briscad asks for CUI am I wrong I have both.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything