Author Topic: break and vertical stretch to 2D/3D polyline to custom elevation +-Z  (Read 1516 times)

jtm2020hyo

• Newt
I need to break polylines and stretch vertically with joined 3D polyline, or something similar, to custom elevation +-Z axys, with the intersection of polyline closed, block, 3D element, or xref...

... I mean break polylines in the intersections, create duplicate vertex in the breaked vertex, then stretch to any choice elevation, and if possible keep polylines joined.

here some images, white= polyline I want to break and stretch, square objects = elementos to intersect polylines, red = polylines in elevations +-5000 units, yellow = vertical polyline.

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: break and vertical stretch to 2D/3D polyline to custom elevation +-Z
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 02:52:25 AM »
If you use trim to break the pline it will create a new entity so you can get the two end points of the two plines arc etc. Just pick object1 then trim and object2 will be created then simple to draw a similar object at a ELEV.

Have a go. There should be trim using a closed pline out there.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

jtm2020hyo

• Newt
Re: break and vertical stretch to 2D/3D polyline to custom elevation +-Z
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 10:18:59 PM »
If you use trim to break the pline it will create a new entity so you can get the two end points of the two plines arc etc. Just pick object1 then trim and object2 will be created then simple to draw a similar object at a ELEV.

Have a go. There should be trim using a closed pline out there.

I need to change my petition, when 2D polyline changes their WCS to UCS, make it unusable, UCS vertical polylines can not join with WCS horizontal.

probably I need 3D polylines joined, but just in the broken zone. any suggestion?