Author Topic: Tdcreate's date vs Drawing Properties Creation Date  (Read 1796 times)

GDF

• Water Moccasin
Tdcreate's date vs Drawing Properties Creation Date
« on: April 12, 2020, 08:39:39 AM »
Question:
  Why is the AuotCAD's "Tdcreate" date different from Windows "Drawing Properties Creation Date", the "ms-dos creation date attribute"?
  How can I get Windows "Drawing Properties Creation Date" without using ms-dos?
  If I have to use ms-dos, does anyone have an example?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:00:29 AM by GDF »
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Tdcreate's date vs Drawing Properties Creation Date
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »
I believe the TDCREATE is the date the drawing was really created....IOW, not the drawing itself, but the Template it was created from.  The Windows Creation date isn't always correct either. I just grabbed a random dwg file to see what Windows shows for it, and it has a creation date of April 9, 2020...and this is a drawing I've been working on for about 4 years! According to the AutoCAD TIME command, April 9 is when I last saved the dwg.

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 12:07:36 PM »
AutoCAD saves a drawing in a new temp file and when that is done, the original is renamed as bak and the new file is renamed as dwg. So, a save will result in a new file with a recent creation date.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 12:44:28 PM »
Isn't this a case where the OS uses GMT 'under the hood'?

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 03:20:06 PM »
Thanks for the feedback
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64