Author Topic: Setting up work from home  (Read 4296 times)

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Setting up work from home
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »
I'm set up at home using VPN. Having issues with zoom and pan. Seems to have a life of it's own. Continues to zoom/pan even though I'm done. Randomly zoom way out or even reverses direction on it's own. Any suggestions? Frustrating!
Are you sure that's VPN? Sounds like a remote desktop situation.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Biscuits

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 04:08:01 PM »
Yup VPN!

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 04:14:56 PM »
I snagged my work PC, synced up an ext. HD with the entire CAD server HD, and set it all up at home on my dining room table. Using dual HP Pavilions with a Threadripper/RTX2080ti combo has spoiled me a bit. I'm not going back. Man. lol

I had just switched over to the AEC package too, so now I have plenty of time to get to know REVIT a little better.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 04:50:16 PM »
I'm set up at home using VPN. Having issues with zoom and pan. Seems to have a life of it's own. Continues to zoom/pan even though I'm done. Randomly zoom way out or even reverses direction on it's own. Any suggestions? Frustrating!

Do you know if your company is using Software or Hardware vpn -i.e. did the have a funny looking box in the server room with a funny name on it like Avast or <I-dont-remember-the-other-goofy-company-name> (well, both are technically software based but that extra box is usually vastly undersized and just makes things slower without something like IPSec setup)? ...They (IT) could have the encryption cranked up too high. You can also try the built in Microsoft VPN client but I think it was depreciated a few years ago so it may not work with some of the newer server-side vpn implementations.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »
Our team created a proprietary solution leveraging and unifying the best aspects of existing technologies capped with additional custom services. Now I rest.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Rod

• Newt
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 10:06:02 PM »
Weird flex, but still I'm impressed
"All models are wrong, some models are useful" - George Box