CAD Forums > CAD General

Batch operations on multiple files

(1/5) > >>

Dave M:
I have a plans that I plot in B/W.  I also plot these plans with certain layers that plot in color.  The way I have done it in the past was to create a script file that turned those layers on and then plotted the file and closed without saving.  I would use the Scriptpro program to do this on multiple files.  Sometimes I would set it up to run over night.

I am looking for a replacement to Scriptpro and was considering JTB Smartbatch as an alternative.  Does anyone have experience with this program?

Looking for suggestions

thanks

notredave:
Lee Mac has a script writer program here: I use it all the time. It's wonderful.

http://www.lee-mac.com/scriptwriter.html

JohnK:
A very long time ago I wrote my self a "script running lisp" that essentially just runs all lisp, bat and exe files found in a certain directory. I created an AutoCAD profile (stripped down of all unnecessary stuff) that just loaded that lisp so when I wanted to run a script on a series of drawings I just opened that AutoCAD profile and choose the files I wanted to run the scripts on. Simple and effective.

Recently I was asked to write a program (C++) to dig into 1,000's of folders to find specific files. My program generated a script (lisp) for each file and then created a "master-run-all.bat" with those files to run a script on. The final tally of drawings was 5,000 and it took a weekend to process all those drawings, I was told. ...that was very specific and not generic at all but I offered up the concept just because it was sort of related.

Crank:
If you're looking for speed, try the AcCoreConsole.

dgorsman:

--- Quote from: Crank on March 10, 2020, 03:48:21 PM ---If you're looking for speed, try the AcCoreConsole.

--- End quote ---

One point I'll recommend, is running each drawing in its own core console session rather than processing all drawings in one session.  The latter is fine for small numbers of files but arbitrarily large collections will lead to errors as memory is not fully released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version