Author Topic: Sheet Size / Layout Script  (Read 1154 times)

capsochist

• Newt
Sheet Size / Layout Script
« on: February 25, 2020, 03:33:06 PM »
Hello,

I have been working on some new drawing templates for my office. We have come to an agreement on sheets that all titleblocks will be xref'd (and all sizes 8.5x11, 11x17, 24x36, 30x42, and 36x48) and that layout tabs will be available in each sheet file on a corresponding size tab *as overlays*.

With this process, the user will pick a sheet size for the project, open a file, delete the layouts they do not want, detach the corresponding xref titleblocks that are unneeded, save, and repeat for each file within the directory.

I am trying to create a script that automate this process by prompting the user to select the layout they wish to keep (which is the same name in every file within this directory). Once selected, the script will comb through all drawings in the directory, removing the other 4 layouts,  and detach the now unreferenced .dwg files.

Starting with Lee's amazing TABSORT http://lee-mac.com/tabsort.html I am most curious how to point this to parse through multiple drawings in a directory, rather than the specific drawing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:41:55 PM by capsochist »