Author Topic: Quick and efficient way to draw boundaries across the rooms on the floorplan  (Read 1299 times)

KLSeeker

• Mosquito
Hi all,

I have the task to draw boundaries across the rooms on the floorplans. Currently, the manual process is taking so much of time since there is large no of floorplans.
I am attaching the sample floorplan dwg and had put the red circular marker in the rooms whose boundaries are to be created. It will also be ok if it is possible to create boundaries across all the rooms on the floorplan, I will delete the ones which are not required.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

roy_043

• Water Moccasin
  • BricsCAD 18
Xpost: https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/69764-quick-way-to-draw-polygonal-border-across-the-rooms-on-the-floorplans/

I think that the original drawing (that contained two slightly shifted, superimposed plans) was 'fixed' with the _Overkill command. The result is rather unusable.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:27:14 PM by roy_043 »

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Seen this before elsewhere, when you don't get what you want post somewhere else, where the miracle worker is located.

if you look hard at the drawing it has numerous faults for an automated answer, stuff like lines don't intersect, no line past doors, plines with width don't line up with other lines and so on.

The simple answer Bpoly even if created is a incorrect shape.

As a 1st step convert plines with width to at least 2 lines better as an outline as end cap may help in working out a closed area.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything