Author Topic: .Net, What's Next?  (Read 3133 times)

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
.Net, What's Next?
« on: January 25, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »
Trying to figure out what to waist my time on after .Net in the cad world... anyone know the next "thing"?  Dynamo is just visual .net in my opinion... IMO it makes it a little more accessible, but node-based tech has generally taken years to adopt and generally only leaders in industry do.

How many of yall are close to retirement and don't really care to figure out the next thing lol?

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
Re: .Net, What's Next?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 06:56:38 AM »
Javascript :-)

Everything become webbased.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:57:23 AM »
How many of yall are close to retirement and don't really care to figure out the next thing lol?
^^^^^THIS^^^^^ :-)

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:41:46 PM »

DITTO

I'd like a chance to get good at the stuff I started on when I started using .NET
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

gile

• Gator
  • Marseille, France
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 02:30:15 PM »
Me too.
Speaking English as a French Frog

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 08:57:47 PM »
take up C++  :lmao:

CADbloke

• Bull Frog
  • Crash Test Dummy
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 11:04:02 PM »
The next big thing won't work properly until it is the really old thing that just works. It's often hard enough getting the stuff "that works" to work.

Get off my lawn!

Also: the trouble with the bleeding edge is there's blood everywhere.

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 05:13:04 AM »
So many hint to retirement on the horizon.  Strange to think of a cad world without most of you. Almost all of you are the pioneers... from the days tony t would rant against norm on auto desk forums and Oleg would pretend to be fixo, and sinc was around.  Autodesk should give you all awards... you basically insured their success in customization starting with lisp pressing on to .net and creating the family you did here and on autodesk forums.  I know you are all modest but all of you have always been 1000% more helpful and inspirational than even autodesk in many cases, inspiring others  to dive in and find out what we could all do. Just in case I don’t get the chance (I didn’t with Oleg) I want to say Thank you! I’m certain my life and career has been better because of your contribution :)

Bernd

• Newt
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 12:28:01 PM »
  I know you are all modest but all of you have always been 1000% more helpful and inspirational than even autodesk in many cases, inspiring others  to dive in and find out what we could all do. Just in case I don’t get the chance (I didn’t with Oleg) I want to say Thank you! I’m certain my life and career has been better because of your contribution :)
+1