Author Topic: Charity Cases  (Read 1689 times)

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Charity Cases
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:33:07 PM »
Question: How do yall deal with charity cases?  It's a common problem I see in many offices.  The workers who surf the net, spend time fooling around, expected to be handed work when they want, but too slow and lazy to complete it in a timely manner. The ones, that for some reason, the company won't fire. They simply keep them around for years despite the mistakes... the laziness... the lack of effort to improve.    Meanwhile, their teams get stuck with them.... and for some reason have to use them.

Anyone understand the logic behind this?  Is there a writeoff I'm not aware of? Lol

alterego

• Newt
Re: Charity Cases
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 03:59:16 AM »
I sit with more than one of those, unless they work harder than I think. Every time you go past their desks, its internet on the computer (says me on the internet here lol), and the non-work conversation lasts pretty much all day and MOST days. Resistant to change too... cant see the point of Revit, they fight every time a model takes longer than a drawing...
I tend to put on my headphones to quieten the BS to a manageable level, and this helps reduce my stress levels... For MOST of the day I am working my a$$ off and I'm paid way less than them... it burns somewhat, but I go home with a clear conscience, knowing I have done what I am being paid to do.