Author Topic: Load CUIX file - problem with icons  (Read 3157 times)

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
Load CUIX file - problem with icons
« on: January 10, 2020, 05:55:03 AM »
Hi everyone,
I have already spent many hours of work on this problem but I had to give up.
Each test in AutoCAD (various versions and clean installations) was unsuccessful :tickedoff:

I just have to load a CUIX file containing a toolbars but unfortunately the icons are always represented with a question mark.
The PNG files of the icons are only placed both inside the CUIX file (as you probably know, the CUIX file is actually a ZIP file ....), and inside a folder added to the search paths.

I am attaching two videos with the tests that I did, and the CUI file with the PNG icons.
Can you help me solve the problem?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
Re: Load CUIX file - problem with icons
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 06:41:58 AM »
  • I think you're only pointing to the location of the icons in a support path. You should (also) point to the location as shown in attached picture.
  • Before copiling the menu, try to delete the .mnr-files first.
  • Autocad has a bug: If there are to many 'Support File Search Paths' (see Options), then it doesn't use any of them when you're compiling the .CUIx. Try to reduce the number of search paths before compiling.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:39:42 AM »
  • I think you're only pointing to the location of the icons in a support path. You should (also) point to the location as shown in attached picture.
  • Before copiling the menu, try to delete the .mnr-files first.
  • Autocad has a bug: If there are to many 'Support File Search Paths' (see Options), then it doesn't use any of them when you're compiling the .CUIx. Try to reduce the number of search paths before compiling.

Hi Crank,
I did everything you suggested but it doesn't work.
All this is strange in that you are using another CUIX file which contains PNG files inside, (so in this case I do not have the PNG files of the icons!) And it works correctly !!
So the problem is only with the CUIX file that I have attached here.

Can you try to import my CUIX into your AutoCAD?

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »
I finally managed to understand the problem.
I have done dozens of tests, restored several times the virtual machine that I use for the tests, and probably in one of these tests I took the wrong CUIX file that used different PNG file names.

Now everything is OK.
Thanks for your help.

Only a small difference between AutoCAD 2020 and previous versions: AutoCAD 2010 only adds the menu and toolbars but does not add the tab to the Ribbons: is it a bug?

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:27:12 AM »
Autodesk has rewritten the Ribbon 2x.
If I remember correctly, the original was from Acad2009 and the later versions from 2010 and 2012. That may explain why it is not backward compatible.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

Lupo76

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 06:09:06 AM »
Autodesk has rewritten the Ribbon 2x.
If I remember correctly, the original was from Acad2009 and the later versions from 2010 and 2012. That may explain why it is not backward compatible.

Sorry,
I meant that: AutoCAD 2020 (and not 2010) only adds the menu and toolbars but does not add the tab to the Ribbons: is it a bug?

huiz

• Swamp Rat
  • Certified Prof C3D
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 09:48:57 AM »
I don't know if it is a bug but probably in your main cui your partial menu is marked as unresolved. Delete that, save the cui and you can add your menu again. Probably that will solve the ribbon issue.
The conclusion is justified that the initialization of the development of critical subsystem optimizes the probability of success to the development of the technical behavior over a given period.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 09:52:56 AM »
There should be a setting to control merge behavior in partial CUIx files.  Also, are you working with an Enterprise-resident workspace when the partial CUIX is loaded?
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}