CAD Forums > CAD General

Load CUIX file - problem with icons

(1/2) > >>

Lupo76:
Hi everyone,
I have already spent many hours of work on this problem but I had to give up.
Each test in AutoCAD (various versions and clean installations) was unsuccessful :tickedoff:

I just have to load a CUIX file containing a toolbars but unfortunately the icons are always represented with a question mark.
The PNG files of the icons are only placed both inside the CUIX file (as you probably know, the CUIX file is actually a ZIP file ....), and inside a folder added to the search paths.

I am attaching two videos with the tests that I did, and the CUI file with the PNG icons.
Can you help me solve the problem?
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Crank:
[*]I think you're only pointing to the location of the icons in a support path. You should (also) point to the location as shown in attached picture.
[*]Before copiling the menu, try to delete the .mnr-files first.
[*]Autocad has a bug: If there are to many 'Support File Search Paths' (see Options), then it doesn't use any of them when you're compiling the .CUIx. Try to reduce the number of search paths before compiling.
[/list]

Lupo76:

--- Quote from: Crank on January 11, 2020, 06:41:58 AM ---[*]I think you're only pointing to the location of the icons in a support path. You should (also) point to the location as shown in attached picture.
[*]Before copiling the menu, try to delete the .mnr-files first.
[*]Autocad has a bug: If there are to many 'Support File Search Paths' (see Options), then it doesn't use any of them when you're compiling the .CUIx. Try to reduce the number of search paths before compiling.
[/list]

--- End quote ---

Hi Crank,
I did everything you suggested but it doesn't work.
All this is strange in that you are using another CUIX file which contains PNG files inside, (so in this case I do not have the PNG files of the icons!) And it works correctly !!
So the problem is only with the CUIX file that I have attached here.

Can you try to import my CUIX into your AutoCAD?

Lupo76:
I finally managed to understand the problem.
I have done dozens of tests, restored several times the virtual machine that I use for the tests, and probably in one of these tests I took the wrong CUIX file that used different PNG file names.

Now everything is OK.
Thanks for your help.

Only a small difference between AutoCAD 2020 and previous versions: AutoCAD 2010 only adds the menu and toolbars but does not add the tab to the Ribbons: is it a bug?

Crank:
Autodesk has rewritten the Ribbon 2x.
If I remember correctly, the original was from Acad2009 and the later versions from 2010 and 2012. That may explain why it is not backward compatible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version