Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Dialog boxes

(1/2) > >>

DanB:
Doing some early brainstorming for a custom routine I want to develop. Dialog box will have several columns that the user will enter data. Can a dialog box update as a user provides information?

For example, one row of A B C D data points. A is required, user must provide 2 of the remaining 3 items, i.e. provides B and D, C will can be calculated. I would want C to populate once the other info is provided, possible?

Admittedly I haven't started coding anything but a coworker and I were just going over some thoughts and want to know what limitations I may have. This would be done with LISP, and I think it's DCL? Been long time since I've tried this sort of thing.

BIGAL:
You can do certain things this is a sub dcl and as you change any item the total is reflected it also has sliders so you can drag answer rather than input.

Have a look at image.

snownut2:
If you write the dialogs within the lisp function and don't use predefined dialogs, you can make it appear that the dialogs are changing as user is entering data.  The dialog can change dramatically to slightly.  Just about everything appearance wise can be based on user input. 

rayakmal:

--- Quote from: DanB on January 09, 2020, 04:06:34 PM ---Doing some early brainstorming for a custom routine I want to develop. Dialog box will have several columns that the user will enter data. Can a dialog box update as a user provides information?

For example, one row of A B C D data points. A is required, user must provide 2 of the remaining 3 items, i.e. provides B and D, C will can be calculated. I would want C to populate once the other info is provided, possible?

Admittedly I haven't started coding anything but a coworker and I were just going over some thoughts and want to know what limitations I may have. This would be done with LISP, and I think it's DCL? Been long time since I've tried this sort of thing.

--- End quote ---

Yes, you can do that. Autolisp + DCL is an event-driven programming, that's why I love to use DCL.

snownut2:
Take a look at LeeMac's website, he has an example there using autos as an example....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version