Author Topic: Customize Shortcut Menu  (Read 1414 times)

jtoverka

• Newt
Customize Shortcut Menu
« on: December 18, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »
I am using AutoCAD Electrical 2018 on a windows 10 machine. AutoCAD Electrical uses a lot of shortcut menus that are specific to certain objects within AutoCAD Electrical. How does AutoCAD know what shortcut menu to use? How do I add a shortcut menu for my purposes?

The following is not useful at all in getting what I want to do. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-38939586-0AE9-4C8D-A7C9-20B018361222-htm.html

I am very weak on this topic so please ELI5.

tombu

• Bull Frog
  • ByLayer=>Not0
Re: Customize Shortcut Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
Shortcut menus are designed to do something with a selected object or a selection of objects of a certain type which is how AutoCAD knows what shortcut menu to use. The alias has to be for a specific object type and an "S" must be added for multiple object selection. They wouldn't work for a selection that included both a line and an arc since they are different types of objects.

That's actually a pretty good link.
Tom Beauford P.S.M.
Leon County FL Public Works - Windows 7 64 bit AutoCAD Civil 3D

jtoverka

• Newt
Re: Customize Shortcut Menu
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 08:17:12 AM »
I just haven't been able to get it to work. There is not a single tutorial that I can find that will do this all the way through. This link doesn't demonstrate what it would look like after completing all of the steps.