Author Topic: How to form a smooth curve from a lw polyline ?  (Read 1421 times)

Vikram

• Newt
How to form a smooth curve from a lw polyline ?
« on: November 04, 2019, 01:28:15 AM »
I have made a program which takes a text file with coordiante X-Y points and make a dxf file out of it. So basically my drawing consist of small line segments (like they are 300 small line segments) which are connected to each other and they form a curve like shape.(They have property of line but there formation is like curve) You can see the curve in this pic: https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502293294980
When you see the drawing carefully,this points doesn't form smooth continuous curve nor they have property of arcs. I want to convert these small line segments into a single continuous smooth curve by ignoring some points which are out of the curve. I tried using Spline and Fit but it form some bulges in drawing.These options just convert the pointy edges to a small bulge but I want a continuous smooth curve.Please recommend some lisp or another method for solution. Please see the attached drawing for reference (test.dxf) Please help me asap!!