Author Topic: Can I set Background Mask options permanently?  (Read 2086 times)

yarnstormer

Can I set Background Mask options permanently?
« on: September 28, 2019, 01:25:09 PM »
I'm running Carlson Survey with Intellicad but I think this is a pretty basic question.
I use background mask often - always reduce the border offset factor to 1.1 and the background to drawing color. Can I set that somewhere so I don't have to keep clicking it? Especially the number. 1.5 is always too much.
Thanks!

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Can I set Background Mask options permanently?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »
As far as I'm aware, those settings are not accessible (i.e. not stored in the registry, nor by any system variables), however, you can configure defaults or even create your own custom commands with predefined mask properties when using my Background Mask program to achieve the same result.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 02:50:06 PM »
I was going to post a link to Lee's routine. I use it often.Perhaps a reactor would be a better fit for you.

I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

yarnstormer

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »
As far as I'm aware, those settings are not accessible (i.e. not stored in the registry, nor by any system variables), however, you can configure defaults or even create your own custom commands with predefined mask properties when using my Background Mask program to achieve the same result.

I downloaded your mask program but I'm having trouble running it. bmask seems to be the command, but it says to pick entities then immediately does a return. So, I can't pick anything. Maybe it's an intellicad problem? user error?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »
Works in BricsCAD.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.