Author Topic: STRETCHABLE TRUSS  (Read 8267 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
STRETCHABLE TRUSS
« on: September 12, 2019, 02:20:42 AM »
I know this one is difficult, but can someone create this one... Look at the picture... Or maybe someone already have this, but haven't shared it... Please, if you know this, some help, or opinion will be very appreciated...

Thanks, M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

AlexCondor

• Mosquito
Re: STRETCHABLE TRUSS
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:19:18 AM »
maybe so

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 06:52:10 AM »
I am satisfied with your version, but IMO - middle members shouldn't change lengths... This is supposed to be double stretching in both X and Y directions with the same single action...

Thanks, your repliement is also very good - 5 stretching actions with single parameter...

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 04:39:55 PM »
I've experimented for a while and cobbled this one... The only problem I see is that stretching is not following cursor... So if someone can fix it, that'll be perfect... I hope this example is inspirative and perhaps you can discover something new... If you try to fix this issue and succed than please inform us... We'll be very satisfied with your contrubution...

Thanks and just be patient and persistant... Success will come for sure as a result of your efforts you invest...

M.R.

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 03:31:14 AM »
I've fixed it...
HTH.
M.R.

M.R. on Youtube

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 07:58:35 AM »
BricsCAD 18
I think you broke it?
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 11:43:21 AM »
BricsCAD 18
I think you broke it?

I don't know... I haven't found similar things in my past and I only recently installed BCAD 19... But I think that my posted dynamic block is not much applicable, as you have to predict many lines and assign to them all at the end constraints... I ended with this simple version that uses linear array, but I am not able to keep lengths of middle members as I don't know how to apply action act on other direction action like on entities... It seems that in some simple way it is performing stretching correct on all arrayed instances, but when I want to constrain lengths of middle members it is acting only on first instance, so I abandoned this method and only did it with simple stretching in Y direction and array in X...

M.R. on Youtube