Author Topic: Evil UCS  (Read 4551 times)

Kate M

Evil UCS
« on: January 08, 2004, 03:01:55 PM »
Okay, so I HATE messing with the UCS...but right now I don't have much choice. We got some drawings in that have the UCS rotated about 30 degrees. How do I draw horizontal text?? I don't know the exact amount of the rotation. The guy working on it was "eyeballing" it...I nearly choked when he told me that. (This was after he told me he was "typing in dimensions" -- nearly another heart attack until I realized he meant leaders...) Putting text in paperspace is not really an option. How do I fix this??  :shock:

daron

Evil UCS
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 03:11:58 PM »
If you want to set the ucs correct, type ucs world; plan current.

If it's really a text obliquing angle, uh, I forget... oh style should lead you to it.

If I'm wrong all together, I don't understand the question.

Kate M

Evil UCS
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 03:21:58 PM »
I set plan current, and everything disappeared except a couple little rectangles...it's not a text obliquing thing...here's what the screen looks like:

Makes it a little hard to draw horizontal lines. :-)

daron

Evil UCS
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 03:38:25 PM »
Now type plan and hit enter. That little square tells you that the ucs is set to world. As far as the drawing not being aligned to the ucs, rotate with a reference point and you'll be able to make your drawing line up. Try this:
Command: rt ROTATE
Current positive angle in UCS:  ANGDIR=counterclockwise  ANGBASE=0.00
Select objects: all 2382 found
Select objects:
Specify base point:
Specify rotation angle or [Reference]: r
Specify the reference angle <0.00>:  Specify second point:
Specify the new angle:

reference angle, you pick one point on a line, second point would be another point anywhere you want to align those two points to 0. Specify new angle; you pick a point directly to the right of the dragline point. Hope that makes sense.

hyposmurf

Evil UCS
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 03:40:27 PM »
Also makes it a right pain when hatching,remember having that problem before,says something like cannot hatch this area as its not parellel to the UCS.Maybe you could draw a line and rotate the building so that a line you think should be horizontal is rotated to this newly drawn line.There must be a setting out there to restore it,or maybe someones got a lisp.

nivuahc

Evil UCS
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 04:41:58 PM »
don't forget about snapang either.

A lot of the drawings I get like that are screwy.

Instead of rotating the drawing and all of that business, set snapang to the angle you wish to draw on (using a line as a reference).

Less headaches.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Evil UCS
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 04:57:07 PM »
I have had this similar experience before. It was created when the user had a non standard UCS set and then WBlocked part of the drawing or the whole drawing. The current UCS was taken on as world.

You can do a quick little fix to make it all better....
Open the UCS toolbar and select "Object UCS" Select a horizontal line in the drawing ... voila ... the UCS is horizontal. If the +X is not to the right, then draw a horizontal line in the drawing from left to right and select it.

Once you are done, try doing a WBlock on the entire drawing to a new file and see what happens.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie