Author Topic: Extend Operations  (Read 3672 times)

opcode

Extend Operations
« on: June 29, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »
Hi all,

Anyone know of any visual/graphic examples showing what the intersectwith. operations (extend, etc) and closestpointto extend operations are actually doing / what they are for?

Thanks!

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Extend Operations
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:57:39 PM »

That's a big ask for a Sunday morning :)

What is the specific context for your request. ?
Have you done any CAD work ?

added: Welcome to theSwamp.
Called Kerry in my other life
Retired; but they dragged me back in !

I live at UTC + 13.00

---
some people complain about loading the dishwasher.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer.

opcode

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 06:31:10 PM »

That's a big ask for a Sunday morning :)

What is the specific context for your request. ?
Have you done any CAD work ?

added: Welcome to theSwamp.

Thank you!  Yea. I am familiar with the autocad API, and have even used these functions based on samples I've seen online but I don't like that I'm using something I don't fully understand.  The documentation doesn't really cover these functions so hoping someone can shed some light for me. 

Thank you Kdub

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »

Perhaps you could describe the situations you don't understand ... or post some code samples.

Keep in mind this is a peer to peer group and the more you can do to define the issue the more chance you have of getting a reasonable responce.

That and asking interesting questions help :)

I live at UTC + 13.00

---

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 09:03:39 PM »
If you are ever in need of further information on a method it's a good bet that there will be more info on the native method in ObjectARX

An example:
https://help.autodesk.com/view/OARX/2019/ENU/?guid=OREF-__MEMBERTYPE_Methods_AcGeLinearEnt2d

The doc's are pretty clear on what to do and expect, intersectWith is basically vector math equation to determine where 2 linear entities intersect, you can then extend a line to that intersection by setting the end point to the intersection point.
intersectWith
Determines if two lines intersect and if so returns their intersection point. The intPnt parameter is set to something meaningful only if this function returns a value of Adesk::kTrue.

<aside> I honestly don't know why they haven't merged this info with the .Net doc's...
"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

opcode

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 01:37:25 AM »
If you are ever in need of further information on a method it's a good bet that there will be more info on the native method in ObjectARX

An example:
https://help.autodesk.com/view/OARX/2019/ENU/?guid=OREF-__MEMBERTYPE_Methods_AcGeLinearEnt2d

The doc's are pretty clear on what to do and expect, intersectWith is basically vector math equation to determine where 2 linear entities intersect, you can then extend a line to that intersection by setting the end point to the intersection point.
intersectWith
Determines if two lines intersect and if so returns their intersection point. The intPnt parameter is set to something meaningful only if this function returns a value of Adesk::kTrue.

<aside> I honestly don't know why they haven't merged this info with the .Net doc's...

Thank you.  This helped.

kdub_nz

• Mesozoic keyThumper
  • SuperMod
  • Water Moccasin
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 02:25:44 AM »

When you've downloaded the OBJECTARX API you'll find some excellent CHM files in the docs folder ... much nicer than the html web offering.

https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/autocad/objectarx-license-download

I live at UTC + 13.00

---

opcode

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 02:45:54 AM »

When you've downloaded the OBJECTARX API you'll find some excellent CHM files in the docs folder ... much nicer than the html web offering.

https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/autocad/objectarx-license-download

Thank you again Kdub, very much appreciated.