Author Topic: Aerial images to FBX  (Read 6590 times)

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
Aerial images to FBX
« on: January 15, 2019, 05:36:17 PM »
Hi all, i'm having a small challenge to get aerial images into Navisworks for use in BIMcollab isuues software. The only way i can do sthis is by means of FBX as fileformat. However, to only (Autodesk) software i see capable of to do that is to use Infraworks. Using that piece of software gives me little control for orientation and maipulation for output of the FBX. I'm not really a big fan of Infraworks. So it seems really hard to get some (essential!!) aerial photos into my 'infra BIM workflow'. Especially when you all routes cut of the use of any normal Autocad way to this kind of visualisation.

Does anyone know if Blender of other software turn google maps like images into FBX? Would be great to have them drapped over a DTM, but not is not necessary.

Thanks !

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:40:21 PM by lamarn »
Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
Re: Aerial images to FBX
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
Hi all, i'm having a small challenge to get aerial images into Navisworks for use in BIMcollab isuues software. The only way i can do sthis is by means of FBX as fileformat. However, to only (Autodesk) software i see capable of to do that is to use Infraworks. Using that piece of software gives me little control for orientation and maipulation for output of the FBX. I'm not really a big fan of Infraworks. So it seems really hard to get some (essential!!) aerial photos into my 'infra BIM workflow'. Especially when you all routes cut of the use of any normal Autocad way to this kind of visualisation.

Does anyone know if Blender of other software turn google maps like images into FBX? Would be great to have them drapped over a DTM, but not is not necessary.

Thanks !

Sketchup pro will do it.