Author Topic: Triangular mesh connectio?  (Read 2473 times)

myloveflyer

• Newt
Triangular mesh connectio?
« on: April 30, 2019, 05:11:40 AM »
How to quickly connect to a triangular linear grid based on points?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:03:29 AM by myloveflyer »
Never give up !

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: How to connect points?(Help)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 08:53:06 AM »
That specific point cloud was generated either through interpolation of generatrix curve and then polar arrayed instead of making surface by revolving... So basically you are asking to recreate erased shape of only left guide points... Isn't that joking with peoples? I haven't worked much with point clouds, but if you can convert point group to cloud, I believe that CAD has implemented capability of generating polyface surface... When you get it (somehow), you could just explode it into lines you are searching for... Another option is to group generatrix segment - then automatically connect segments points with 3d lines (somehow - in correct manner) and finally do polar array of segment 3d lines... But all in all this is some sort of asking for help where help was deliberately neglected...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

myloveflyer

• Newt
Re: How to connect points?(Help)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 02:23:56 PM »
That specific point cloud was generated either through interpolation of generatrix curve and then polar arrayed instead of making surface by revolving... So basically you are asking to recreate erased shape of only left guide points... Isn't that joking with peoples? I haven't worked much with point clouds, but if you can convert point group to cloud, I believe that CAD has implemented capability of generating polyface surface... When you get it (somehow), you could just explode it into lines you are searching for... Another option is to group generatrix segment - then automatically connect segments points with 3d lines (somehow - in correct manner) and finally do polar array of segment 3d lines... But all in all this is some sort of asking for help where help was deliberately neglected...
I am very sorry, I may not have explained the problem clearly. I will provide EXCEL at these points later. I want to know if there is a faster way to connect these points.
Never give up !

CostinBos77

• Mosquito
  • Land surveyor in action !
Re: Triangular mesh connectio?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »
Hello myloveflyer ,

You can try this .

It is not perfect , but you can do more than half of the job . For 100% , you need dedicated software , to ignore the triangles inside of the cone .

By the way , how you calculate / generate the points ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:19:17 PM by CostinBos77 »
Land surveyor in action !!!

:yes:

myloveflyer

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 05:09:32 AM »
Hello myloveflyer ,

You can try this .

It is not perfect , but you can do more than half of the job . For 100% , you need dedicated software , to ignore the triangles inside of the cone .

By the way , how you calculate / generate the points ?

These points are known at the beginning, I just want to know how to quickly connect these points.
Never give up !

CostinBos77

• Mosquito
  • Land surveyor in action !
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 05:15:12 AM »
Yes , use the provided link .

Download that lisp and enjoy it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:22:31 AM by CostinBos77 »
Land surveyor in action !!!

:yes: