Code Red > .NET

How long to be somewhat confident with Autocad API

(1/3) > >>

nobody:
I was told by a manager one of his interns (who mentioned he has no programming experience at all) is excited to learn the "technical stuff" (specifically programming/API of Civil 3D/Autocad) and asked if I'd be willing to help him. I messaged the kid and said "hey, when you want to dive in I can probably save you a lot of headaches".  His reply "I'm sure it's basic enough I can figure it out on my own".  People here were a ton of help, especially our old friend Oleg, but I did that and it sucked dinosaur-sized eggs that went in and came out the same size. He's an engineer so he will have to learn it the same as I did (on his own time).  For me, it took probably 3 years to get to the point I didn't feel like I was screwing things up.  I'm curious what other people's experiences are.  Please share if you're willing. 

kpblc:
You can learn every day all your life. And at the end of your way you can say 'i just know that I won't know anything'

gile:
++
I have been using the AutoCAD .NET API extensively for over 10 years and I often feel like a beginner.

ChrisCarlson:
The day you stop learning something new is the day you die

cadplayer:
That is true Gile, but you´re great enough...
The goal with Autodesk API is many are using and spreading knowledge here in this forum!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version