CAD Forums > CAD General

Edit Text After restarting the PC

(1/2) > >>

MSTG007:
Just wanting to know, Why is it when I first start CAD in the morning. I open a drawing and then try to edit CAD via the Mtext editor or text editor, it takes seconds. After that its normal again. Its not a big deal, just curious why it does this.

mjfarrell:

--- Quote from: MSTG007 on March 11, 2019, 07:07:15 AM ---Just wanting to know, Why is it when I first start CAD in the morning. I open a drawing and then try to edit CAD via the Mtext editor or text editor, it takes seconds. After that its normal again. Its not a big deal, just curious why it does this.

--- End quote ---

Curious,

IF  you start autocad, then close it and restart autocad does the symptom persist?

dgorsman:
There's a demand-load for the text editor in there somewhere.  It doesn't load until you uses it to edit something.

mjfarrell:

--- Quote from: dgorsman on March 11, 2019, 12:38:07 PM ---There's a demand-load for the text editor in there somewhere.  It doesn't load until you uses it to edit something.

--- End quote ---
which could suggest he add it to the startup suite, maybe?

MSTG007:
I removed my appload routine. It still seems to do lag. Interesting thought. Maybe I should try to reset CAD and see how it acts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version