Author Topic: Problem with publish and +publish  (Read 2108 times)

vincent.r

• Newt
Problem with publish and +publish
« on: March 02, 2019, 05:50:23 AM »
Hi,

I do have thousands of drawings to print in dwf format. I tried to add those drawings in publish window, but due to heavy number of drawing files ACad not responding. Hence, I wrote lisp code to create dsd file. This dsd file works fine with +publish but it creates separate dwf files. I need multi-sheet files. Tried publishcollate but it doesn't work. Any idea ?

kpblc

• Bull Frog
Re: Problem with publish and +publish
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 06:17:07 AM »
Try to create dsd for multisheet dwf and check what parts are different.
Sorry for my English.

vincent.r

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 02:09:59 AM »
Tried but doesn't work

kpblc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 02:12:36 AM »
Perhaps, BACKGROUNDPLOT needs to be changed?
Sorry for my English.

vincent.r

• Newt
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 01:16:54 PM »
Thanks for suggestion but it doesn't  work. I created two .dsd files. One is through from publish window and other one is from lisp. both .dsd files are same. Problem is with execution. If I used publish window then both .dsd files creates multi-sheet pdf/dwf file. If I used +publish/-publish then both files creates separate dwf/pdf files. I do not understand why its happening. tried with publishcollate and background variables also.

Your kind cooperation will be highly appreciable.

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 04:25:48 PM »
Last I checked, I believe Autodesk is aware of the problem and has never fixed it, which is why I used a command line based tool to merge PDFs after creating them in my routine.

vincent.r

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 03:26:35 AM »
Hi folks, found some solution. I change the values of variables of CACHEMAXFILES & CACHEMAXTOTALSIZE to 32000 and turn off hardware acceleration. Now Acad perform better. But pain is still there with publish and +publish.

CincyJeff

• Newt
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 01:00:27 PM »
I'm able to write multi-sheet PDFs using a DSD file. Do you have the option set in the Publish dialog as per the attached image?