Author Topic: 2019 Revit Door Famly's  (Read 509 times)

krampaul82

• Newt
2019 Revit Door Famly's
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:07:48 AM »
To whom it may concern
Does any one know of a glitch in the window-door family's? When loaded into a 2019 Revit project, it does not read the available sizes of that product. Do i need to now  provide a path to the available sizes file?
Any nudge would be appreciated.
Mark
Mark

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

krampaul82

• Newt
Re: 2019 Revit Door Famly's
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
Thank You for the Reply But no.
These are third party Familys. Marvin Windows to be specific.
But other familys have acted similar...Especially when sizes are available
Sorry for the late reply but the job keeps getting in the way.
Mark
Mark

mjfarrell

• Seagull
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
... it does not read the available sizes of that product. Do i need to now  provide a path to the available sizes file?

Hi Mark,
It sounds like to me that you may be talking about a "type catalog". This is a text file that usually ships with the family. So, you should receive an archive file (zip file) and this archive should contain an .rfa and a .txt file. The proper method is to unpack (unzip) this file to a location on your HD/Network and use the "load family" button in Revit (not drag and drop from an archive you've opened with a double click, for example).
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--

krampaul82

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
Thank You Both for your reply...
But i have been having issues with revit the sdk (i was ok at vba) but cannot get the autodesk "hello-world"
examples to work in revit 2019 or by using the using the VStudio2017 Express program  looks like a looong arduous journey....i do not know what i am missing
Mark

krampaul82

• Newt
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »

... it does not read the available sizes of that product. Do i need to now  provide a path to the available sizes file?

Hi Mark,
It sounds like to me that you may be talking about a "type catalog". This is a text file that usually ships with the family. So, you should receive an archive file (zip file) and this archive should contain an .rfa and a .txt file. The proper method is to unpack (unzip) this file to a location on your HD/Network and use the "load family" button in Revit (not drag and drop from an archive you've opened with a double click, for example).
Mr Kaul
I do not know if this the place to ask but do you contract your services? I am looking for some assistance regarding Visual Studio interaction with Revit.  I have much VBA stuff that interacts with ACAD2015 and i would like to do likewise with REVIT-2019.  Is this even possible? Either way let me know?
sincerely,
Mark Paulus
Mark

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 04:17:28 PM »

Hi Mark,
Mr Kaul
I do not know if this the place to ask but do you contract your services? I am looking for some assistance regarding Visual Studio interaction with Revit.  I have much VBA stuff that interacts with ACAD2015 and i would like to do likewise with REVIT-2019.  Is this even possible? Either way let me know?
sincerely,
Mark Paulus

Does this help?

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/files/revit_2014_api_developer_guide.pdf
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

krampaul82

• Newt
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 03:58:38 PM »
Mike
Again I do not know if this the place to ask but do you contract your services? I am looking for some assistance regarding Visual Studio interaction with Revit.  I have much VBA stuff that interacts with ACAD2015 and i would like to do likewise with REVIT-2019.  Is this even possible? Either way let me know? I have asked Mr Kaul to no reply. I really need to get going on this. Please Advise :wideeyed2:
sincerely,
Mark Paulus
Mark

krampaul82

• Newt
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 04:01:23 PM »
In the mean time THANK YOU for the Nudge! 8-)
Sincerely
Mark Paulus
Mark

John Kaul (Se7en)

• Administrator
  • Needs a day job
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
...I have asked Mr Kaul to no reply. I really need to get going on this. Please Advise :wideeyed2:
sincerely,
Mark Paulus

Sorry, I did not see your post until now.

Sorry, I do not know VBA anymore. I gave up on VBA when it went to .net.
“Common sense is not so common.” ~Voltaire

--> Donate to TheSwamp.org <--

krampaul82

• Newt
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
Thank you for the reply
I am going the same route using VS2011 express trying to learn c#
i made progress in revit arch2011 and did some stuff using c#but that was years ago and i now that i have found my self using 2019 revit suite i cannot even do the basic addin of hello world. Their tutorials do not work. I do not know what i am missing. :tickedoff:
Mark
Mark