Author Topic: Activation issue rant  (Read 18052 times)

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
Re: Activation issue rant
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 07:31:46 AM »
Good grief, what a load of crap.

I still can't believe that they are using that excuse of "our activation code generators are built on aging technology.... blah blah..."

Also....
In some places they claim that they are "introducing a new Product Support Lifecycle"

In other places, they claim that they "will start enforcing its technical support lifecycle policy"

So which is it? An existing rule that is has not been enforced? Or a new policy?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 02:31:55 PM »
So I had no cad work for a while, just doing my own small projects and BAM

I get 4 projects dropped on me Friday.

And of course, AutoCAD says its not licensed.
And Autodesk says too bad too sad, give us a couple of grand and you can use the latest version for a couple of months.

How about no.

I'm beyond angry.

I'm pissed.

I don't want them to support the software, I just want them to quit telling my legitimately licensed software that it is not licensed.

They are causing this.

I've toned down my anger significantly out of respect for Mark and his house, but I will get my satisfaction, one way or another. They OWE me that much.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »
They don't care Keith. They especially don't care about your one, single license of AutoCAD.

https://twitter.com/upFronteZine/status/930590879412310017

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 11:07:17 PM »
I don't like that a user gets signed out of their account then cannot use the software. I'm the admin but don't have control of my users? ( I hope someone can steer me in the right direction on this ) We've been paying into Autodesk subscription for 20+ years and I've seen an increase of $400 annually to $1500.  :-o

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2020, 01:05:18 PM »
They don't care Keith. They especially don't care about your one, single license of AutoCAD.

https://twitter.com/upFronteZine/status/930590879412310017

With an attitude like that, they won't get me to purchase an upgrade to their product, that's for certain.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2020, 10:52:48 AM »
I don't like that a user gets signed out of their account then cannot use the software. I'm the admin but don't have control of my users?

Can you elaborate on that?
What do you mean by "user gets signed out"? The user him/her self signs out? This is nothing new, Adobe, Microsoft and others operate the same way.

You do have control over your users via your account page. You can grant or deny application usage on a per-user basis.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Cheers.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »
I don't like that a user gets signed out of their account then cannot use the software. I'm the admin but don't have control of my users?

Can you elaborate on that?
What do you mean by "user gets signed out"? The user him/her self signs out? This is nothing new, Adobe, Microsoft and others operate the same way.

You do have control over your users via your account page. You can grant or deny application usage on a per-user basis.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Cheers.
Sometimes the accounts sign out on their own .. it's happened to me a couple of times. I have control what users can access but no control of the account they create to access AutoCAD. To parallel. I also manage our Office 365 and Google accounts .. there I have full user account control so when a user forgets their password, I go reset it and all is well again.

Custom Build PC

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »
@ronjonp - If your organization ponies up some more $$$ - you can get SSO support, then you will have control over the accounts again since they will be tied to the domain accounts.

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
@ronjonp - If your organization ponies up some more $$$ - you can get SSO support, then you will have control over the accounts again since they will be tied to the domain accounts.
Thanks for the tip :)

I just looked it up and they are selling a premium vs standard plan to manage users. We give them thousands of dollars a year and now they want more money to give me features that should already be included?  :roll:

Just contacted my reseller and you have to have 50 licenses minimum @ $300 a seat for premium.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:14:49 PM by ronjonp »

Custom Build PC

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 06:36:03 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, Bentley has given us SSO for our hundreds of licenses, at no cost.
If there is a cost, it's being rolled into something else.

If you have 300 seats, that $90K per year to get this from Autodesk!