CAD Forums > CAD General

Activation issue rant

<< < (8/8)

rkmcswain:

--- Quote from: ronjonp on July 27, 2020, 11:07:17 PM ---I don't like that a user gets signed out of their account then cannot use the software. I'm the admin but don't have control of my users?

--- End quote ---

Can you elaborate on that?
What do you mean by "user gets signed out"? The user him/her self signs out? This is nothing new, Adobe, Microsoft and others operate the same way.

You do have control over your users via your account page. You can grant or deny application usage on a per-user basis.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Cheers.

ronjonp:

--- Quote from: rkmcswain on July 29, 2020, 10:52:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: ronjonp on July 27, 2020, 11:07:17 PM ---I don't like that a user gets signed out of their account then cannot use the software. I'm the admin but don't have control of my users?

--- End quote ---

Can you elaborate on that?
What do you mean by "user gets signed out"? The user him/her self signs out? This is nothing new, Adobe, Microsoft and others operate the same way.

You do have control over your users via your account page. You can grant or deny application usage on a per-user basis.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Cheers.

--- End quote ---
Sometimes the accounts sign out on their own .. it's happened to me a couple of times. I have control what users can access but no control of the account they create to access AutoCAD. To parallel. I also manage our Office 365 and Google accounts .. there I have full user account control so when a user forgets their password, I go reset it and all is well again.

rkmcswain:
@ronjonp - If your organization ponies up some more $$$ - you can get SSO support, then you will have control over the accounts again since they will be tied to the domain accounts.

ronjonp:

--- Quote from: rkmcswain on July 30, 2020, 08:41:47 AM ---@ronjonp - If your organization ponies up some more $$$ - you can get SSO support, then you will have control over the accounts again since they will be tied to the domain accounts.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the tip :)

I just looked it up and they are selling a premium vs standard plan to manage users. We give them thousands of dollars a year and now they want more money to give me features that should already be included?  :roll:

Just contacted my reseller and you have to have 50 licenses minimum @ $300 a seat for premium.

rkmcswain:
To the best of my knowledge, Bentley has given us SSO for our hundreds of licenses, at no cost.
If there is a cost, it's being rolled into something else.

If you have 300 seats, that $90K per year to get this from Autodesk!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version