Author Topic: Vector Rendering  (Read 416 times)

SEANT

• Bull Frog
Vector Rendering
« on: November 01, 2019, 02:34:16 AM »
Iíve always been a big fan of rendering.  I used to do a bit of full color rendering back in the 3ds Max R3 era Ė not so much anymore.  Mostly line work (or programming) these days.

In addition to the raster oriented full colors renderings, I also a fan of 2d vector rendering.  The look and performance of such renderings are compelling.  The crisp details, the scalability Ė Iíve always felt there was a place for them in the CAD world.

Over the past 15 years or so (not very speedy, but I am tenacious), Iíve given the process some attention.   Here is a demo of the current state of the effort.  Still a long way to go Ė lots of tweaks, optimization, and UI work remain.

As can be seen in the screencast, Iím concentrating on B&W.  That has the most applicability in my workflow.  I suppose, though, that color could be beneficial and may be something I devote more time to in the future.

The computational process used certainly favors the parallel nature of outdoor lighting.  As a matter of fact, diffuse and multi point lighting may be intractable. 

Even with the limited light source, these renderings do require serious processing Ė hence the simplicity of the scene.  Iíll post more complex renders as they become available.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/09614848-7e64-4fa8-b6fd-f3428f7a89ee

Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical

SEANT

• Bull Frog
Re: Vector Rendering
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »
Hereís a layout with a little more meat on the bones.  Another pergola, but this one uses a partial hyper/parabolic canopy to enhance viewer interest.  :roll:
Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical

SEANT

• Bull Frog
Re: Vector Rendering
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »
This is another view of the same model.  My renderer was glitching like a bastard, so the print needed some post work.  I may have gotten carried away.
Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical