Author Topic: (vla-put-TitleSuppressed) has no effect on table or table style  (Read 2642 times)

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
(vla-put-TitleSuppressed) has no effect on table or table style
« on: December 12, 2018, 02:03:02 PM »
I'm working on an application that creates an AutoCAD table. I have tried to suppress the Title row on both the Table and the TableStyle using "(vla-put-TitleSuppressed tblobj :vlax-true)" and it seems to have NO effect on the table or tablestyle whatsoever.

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Running AutoCAD 2019, 64B
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

kpblc

• Bull Frog
Re: (vla-put-TitleSuppressed) has no effect on table or table style
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
Try to update table or fully regenerate dwg
Sorry for my English.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:35:48 PM »
The titlesuppressed property will change the Title row to a Header row or Data row (depending on whether the headersuppressed property is set) and the row will then inherit the corresponding properties as configured in the Table Style assigned to the table for that row type; changing the value of this property will not unmerge the cells, as merging cells is not a property of the row type.

Observe:
Code - Auto/Visual Lisp: [Select]
  1. _$ obj
  2. #<VLA-OBJECT IAcadTable 000000002eed8488>
  3. _$ (vla-get-titlesuppressed obj)
  4. :vlax-false
  5. _$ (= actitlerow (vla-getrowtype obj 0))
  6. T
  7. _$ (vla-put-titlesuppressed obj :vlax-true)
  8. nil
  9. _$ (= actitlerow (vla-getrowtype obj 0))
  10. nil
  11. _$ (= acheaderrow (vla-getrowtype obj 0))
  12. T
  13. _$ (vla-put-headersuppressed obj :vlax-true)
  14. nil
  15. _$ (= acdatarow (vla-getrowtype obj 0))
  16. T
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:40:55 PM by Lee Mac »

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 02:51:17 PM »
The titlesuppressed property will change the Title row to a Header row or Data row (depending on whether the headersuppressed property is set) and the row will then inherit the corresponding properties as configured in the Table Style assigned to the table for that row type; changing the value of this property will not unmerge the cells, as merging cells is not a property of the row type.

Thanks for the Info Lee.

I am not sure how to do what I want at this point. I have tried "(vla-deleteRows tblobj 0 1)" and I just get an "Automation Error: Invalid Input". Am I entering this incorrectly, or do I have to unmerge the title row after suppressing? How do I unmerge the title row?
"When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it." - Theodore Roosevelt

PKENEWELL

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »
OK - I think I figured it out! Had to Suppress the Title, then used (vla-UnmergeCells). Then just changed my row start number. Now it is working!

Thanks again!