Author Topic: vla- simple question  (Read 2827 times)

Craig

vla- simple question
« on: June 07, 2005, 07:54:10 AM »
I'm sure this has a simple answer but for me I've been pulling my hair out. I have a printed form showing all the codes that can be used in autolisp. Since I'm new to VLisp I sure would like to have the same thing. This would keep me from asking such mundane questions. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy or download a booklet or file that has all information about vl-****. Here are some that are in the Help and in some programs I've looked through.

vla-get-Color
vla-getpapersize
vla-getcustomscale
vla-addLightweightPolyline

and so on. The problem is how to find out whats available to use. I need a list I can print that has all this info on how to extract these from a selected object. I am trying to learn it and what I wanted to do was add a vertex in the middle of a LWPOLYLINE. I know there are programs already available, I'm just doing this trying to learn.

I see this as a property of the pline,  AddVertex (2) and assume it would be something like such (vla-AddVertex SelectedPLine 'X 'Y) but since theres nothing in the help (or that I can find) about it, I'm hoping there is something someone has I can print out.

daron

vla- simple question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 08:00:14 AM »
(vla-dump-object)

help file. ActiveX and VBA Reference. I believe MP has a utility for this too. aXprops?

whdjr

vla- simple question
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 08:01:47 AM »
See this post.

Craig

vla- simple question
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 08:06:37 AM »
Thanks, just what the doctor ordered  :lol:

Jürg Menzi

• Swamp Rat
  • Oberegg, Switzerland
vla- simple question
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:12:42 AM »
AutoLISP Developer Guide -> Using the Visual LISP Environment -> Working with ActiveX -> Using Visual LISP Functions with ActiveX Methods

Cheers
A computer's human touch is its unscrupulousness!
MENZI ENGINEERING GmbH
Current A2k16... A2k24 - Start R2.18

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
vla- simple question
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 08:37:46 AM »
Quote from: Daron
(vla-dump-object)

help file. ActiveX and VBA Reference. I believe MP has a utility for this too. aXprops?

Yep -> link.

AutoCAD 2002 and up.

Thanks Daron.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Craig

vla- simple question
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:02:16 AM »
Reading some of that 183 page manual on page 42...Apropos Window...thats exactly what I needed. I've been using VLIDE since R14 and never knew that existed  :oops: