Author Topic: ACAD 2019 Doubleclick dwg in windows explorer to open  (Read 2234 times)

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
ACAD 2019 Doubleclick dwg in windows explorer to open
« on: October 23, 2018, 09:53:36 PM »
Hi, we have the product package so we get autocad Mechanical. We actually use the vanilla autocad though. On installing people couldn't dblClick a dwg in windows explorer to open it. I know 2019 only has sdi=0 but I that doesn't matter, I just wanted users to be able to open another dwg (be it in the same running autocad) by dblclicking. Part of the problem was solved when I realized that the IT guy hadn't opened Inventor on every machine (If it isn't opened once it doesn't register and messes things up). So now if cad is not open and you dblclick a dwg it opens cad and the dwg and allows you to dblclick open other files. If you open cad with the icon the dblclick doesn't work on all machines. Some are win 7 and some are win 10 but that doesn't seem to matter. I have win 10 and sometimes I can dblclick  open and sometimes not. Very confusing.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: ACAD 2019 Doubleclick dwg in windows explorer to open
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »
It seems that running dwgTrueview once fixes it,  pretty odd behavior

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:25:10 PM »
Part of the problem was solved when I realized that the IT guy hadn't opened Inventor on every machine

I worked with an IT guy that never opened a program after installing it unless there were settings that needed to be changed but he didn't restart it after changing the settings. Here's the kicker, he would give you a hard time about getting called back to your desk.

If your issue pops up again, go to the right click menu on the file. Go to "open with". Through there you can choose another program and set it as default.
CAD Tech

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »
Ty Rob. Actually I had done that. Funny thing is the icon for 2019 cad is the same as the 2017  so you get to choose something.  I ended up at the registry to be sure. But regardless of what I picked , nothing worked.