Author Topic: Dynamic blocks - redefine ?  (Read 2572 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Dynamic blocks - redefine ?
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
Greetings,

I have a question that I am unable to solve... I have inserted dynamic blocks in my main DWG from INSERT - DWG file after which I exploded INSERT and leave dynamic block with different name in main DWG... Now this is prologue... After a while I decided to change my dynamic blocks and I opened each DWG with dynamic block inside and BEDIT it - added some wipeouts and somewhere I added flip parameter after which I BCLOSE and saved changes... So now my DWG with dynamic block is different...
The question : When I insert normal DWG inside main DWG, if there were changes made to DWG, CAD asks - do you want to redefine block (Yes - of course), but when I insert DWG with dynamic block - explode option checked (to leave original different named definition), CAD don't redefine it and don't ask for such thing... Of course I purged block of insertion of DWG - dwg name to leave just dynamic block with different name in main DWG... So how can I solve this - I don't want to reinsert all them - they already have attributes correctly specified?... I know that with xrefs they update automatically, but I want this to be dynamic blocks with all parameters and as it is now, just changed redefined...

Thanks for your respond and reply in attempt to help me...
Regards, M.R.
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Dynamic blocks - redefine ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »
I'm thinking your insert w/explode option enabled takes the acad parent/child relationship and the NEW redefined dynamic block doesn't update because the current (already present) block definition in the parent drawing overwrites(overrides) the block during the insert process thus no warning or prompt to 'redefine'... but I could be wrong
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:16:07 AM »
I don't know the other way to insert dynamic block through browsing DWG then this way... Can you show me how to make DWG dynamic without need to create dynamic block inside it... Then I could try inserting this DWG through browsing and maybe redefine prompt would show up...

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »
I don't know the other way to insert dynamic block through browsing DWG then this way... Can you show me how to make DWG dynamic without need to create dynamic block inside it... Then I could try inserting this DWG through browsing and maybe redefine prompt would show up...

I figured out how to make DWG dynamic - simply WBLOCK dynamic block - pick block option and select block name and in DWG output you specify path and new name of dynamic block... Now when inserting that DWG - dynamic block that is inserted should have the same name as DWG... So I learned something new... Never mind for my master DWG, it was after all for testing purposes, but I suppose that it should redefine it if I used DWG name for insert the same as already created definition of dynamic block in main DWG...

M.R. on Youtube

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »
I'm thinking your insert w/explode option enabled takes the acad parent/child relationship and the NEW redefined dynamic block doesn't update because the current (already present) block definition in the parent drawing overwrites(overrides) the block during the insert process thus no warning or prompt to 'redefine'... but I could be wrong

Yes, it redefines as you suggested. I just checked out. DWG must be dynamic - so dynamic block WBLOCK-ed...
Thanks for your reply mjfarrell, you saved me today... If you need some help from me - maybe some lisp or something in return contact me on ribarm@gmail.com...

M.R. on Youtube