Author Topic: 2018 Civil 3D labels disappearing  (Read 16764 times)

estanima

2018 Civil 3D labels disappearing
« on: September 06, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

Some of our users Civil 3D labels are disappearing. When they save their drawing they get an error, then when they open it all of their labels are gone.

Anyone run into this?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: 2018 Civil 3D labels disappearing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
I have had many strange things happen in C3D. Usually if I run the recover command on the .dwg it will fix the problem.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 02:54:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

Some of our users Civil 3D labels are disappearing. When they save their drawing they get an error, then when they open it all of their labels are gone.

Anyone run into this?

What is the error message?

If it is something like, "some objects can not be saved in the current format"

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-One-or-more-objects-in-this-drawing-cannot-be-saved-to-the-specified-format.html
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

estanima

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 04:26:36 PM »
Thank you gentleman.  Recover didn't help.  Restoring backup files do.  Will try the other information as well.

Thank you very much :)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:43:55 PM »
Thank you gentleman.  Recover didn't help.  Restoring backup files do.  Will try the other information as well.

Thank you very much :)

Posting a small sample file that exhibits the problem could help us, help you
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 09:05:32 AM »

So just saving the drawing makes the labels vanish? In other words, you don't have to save, close, then reopen?
What label types specifically? Are these labels labeling items in an xref, or are they labeling local items in the DWG?

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
Weird. I had a instance yesterday, where I could not select any structures with my cursor but only pipes. I saved, audited, recovered, -pu regapps. Nothing worked. Then I got smart kinda. I just inserted that drawing into a blank drawing. Everything is back to normal. So I get the weird.
Civil3D 2020

estanima

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 01:13:37 PM »

So just saving the drawing makes the labels vanish? In other words, you don't have to save, close, then reopen?
What label types specifically? Are these labels labeling items in an xref, or are they labeling local items in the DWG?

Users go to save their drawings. When they save they get an error message. Then when they open the drawing ALL labels are gone.  About 20% of our people seem to be experiencing this.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »

Users go to save their drawings. When they save they get an error message. Then when they open the drawing ALL labels are gone.  About 20% of our people seem to be experiencing this.

What is the "ERROR" message?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 09:15:46 AM »
My guess is this one:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
My guess is this one:

Yeah, I don't think I've had any labels go *poof* after that one....

Now the 'one or more objects can't saved in current format' one....that one will eat all sorts of things
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

estanima

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 06:59:48 PM »

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 07:38:27 AM »
The only time I usually get that error is when I File \ Export \ AutoCAD 2010. It will do it at the start of the command and then a second when its complete. Weird...
Civil3D 2020

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 08:54:41 AM »
I see users getting this dialog all the time, on different versions of Civil 3D.
It's usually (seemingly) benign as no ill effects are seen, but it's annoying and scares a lot of users.

The KB article on it is totally bogus. It's not always a corrupt drawing.

estanima

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
I see users getting this dialog all the time, on different versions of Civil 3D.
It's usually (seemingly) benign as no ill effects are seen, but it's annoying and scares a lot of users.

The KB article on it is totally bogus. It's not always a corrupt drawing.

Wish it was just scary rather than deleting every single label in our drawings :/