Author Topic: Autocad locks up opening dwgs  (Read 1767 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Autocad locks up opening dwgs
« on: August 11, 2018, 07:00:37 PM »
This has just started happening. Whenever I open A2k14, I have it open with a blank drawing. It is named Drawing1 (well its unnamed, but you get the idea).

When I go to open another drawing, AutoCAD will load the drawing and seemingly lock up. If I hit the esc button, the drawing becomes active and the new drawing disappears.

if I open a second drawing, it opens ok, but when trying to switch between drawings, AutoCAD locks up to the point it is using 99% of the processor and I have no recourse except to kill the process.

The machine itself is certainly capable … Win10 x64 with a core i7 and 32gb ddr4
I've reinstalled AutoCAD to no avail and the update center says I'm up to date.
It just started happening today .. or at least I just recognized it happening today, it could have been that I haven't done this exact scenario in the past.

Who knows .. I'd appreciate any insight as to how to rectify this.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: Autocad locks up opening dwgs
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 07:10:29 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that if you have any code loaded with event handlers that fire on open etc are not finishing cleanly(?)
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Autocad locks up opening dwgs
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 03:01:51 AM »
Nothing … this is a VM that I set up with no software except AutoCAD and the 3rd party application I am developing.

My application is netloaded so it shouldn't be causing any issues when it isn't loaded because it doesn't change anything about AutoCAD.

Reboot and repair reinstall did no good, however, I did uninstall every Autodesk product that installs with the typical installation and then only installed AutoCAD and this time it told me that I needed to download a patch … it seems to be working except I can't get it to netload my application from a network location despite the fact that I have it set as a trusted location. Copying the files to the VM works though so I can deal with that just as long as it doesn't crash every time I open a drawing.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie