Author Topic: CAD Standard & Title block creation doubts  (Read 9544 times)

theluck19

• Newt
  • ABC (ADDICTED to BOOZE & CAD.)
CAD Standard & Title block creation doubts
« on: August 08, 2018, 01:42:55 AM »
Hello Guys,
Am developing CAD Standards for my company, Civil & Structural design & detailed engineering & Fabrication drawings.
I have a few doubts, perhaps some seniors here can help me out.
1. I've Defined layers, line types and pen weight in the layers dialogue box. I am thinking of copying monochrome.ctb & editing it to plot layer as per pen weight defined in layer properties. Is this ok?
2. Controlling the value of psltscale. Which is the better method as I need to mail CAD files to client and the LTS for hidden & Grids should display correctly when opened in paper & model space at his pc too.
3.When I draw the title block to precise size of A0 and try plotting 1:1, the some of the border is not showing in preview. I've tried Adobe PDF & DWG to PDF printers with Standard ISO A0 & Oversise A0. Same result. Should I slightly reduce the border size of my Title block proportionally? I want to keep the standard paper sizes available in AutoCAD.
4. If anyone has a similar title block, with line types and layers, text heights as per Australian / New Zealand Standard, can you kindly share it :whistling:. It would be very helpful.
5. I've kept a small line of each layer, Section, Detail Attributes, Title text, notes text etc.. on left hand side of 0,0 in a box with the text "Please don't delete" bold on top, So that they don't get purged. Is this a good practice. My Cad team are beginner to intermediate level and I don't want them creating new Text Styles etc.. just copy from my box and edit it.
Once I finalize the A0, I need to to the same for A1 Portrait and Landscape. I know it's just not about scaling it down to A1 Size, just some pointers to look out for like text heights in title block etc..
6. Oh and am using 100% metric units for this and in AutoCAD 2010.
Thanks, Theluck.
Win 10 Pro 64+AutoCAD 2019

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: CAD Standard & Title block creation doubts
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 11:14:24 AM »
Typically, in MS ltscale=1 and vpscale =psltscale, however this should mostly only be used so that dimensions
scale properly, and or if one is drawing 'grid lines' in ps (why?)

Here is a diagram for best Border Math....

As to keeping the standard stuff in the file, I have reservations on that,
due to how you will maintain it.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 11:16:34 PM »
Like the other post a sheet migtht be A0 but there is what is known as hard clip limits this varies for printer brand, on say an A0 we have a corner mark LL UR as true A0 but our title block edge is say 10mm all round inside this, using extents or window and the center option works every time.

We have a small 1.5mm high plotstamp block so know when printed in lower left, you need to look for it comes in handy sometimes, we also have dwg name as part of title block for when pojectt desc and dwg do not match.

Lastly search cadtutor.net "Drawing standards" some good stuff by people like your salf setting up standards.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

theluck19

• Newt
  • ABC (ADDICTED to BOOZE & CAD.)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »
Thanks Guys, will post the title block DWG file when ready. I think I am 90% confident that it will be approved. Will look at CAD tutor as well, Cheers..
Win 10 Pro 64+AutoCAD 2019