Author Topic: Partial hiding of an object  (Read 2974 times)

Pepe

• Newt
Partial hiding of an object
« on: August 02, 2018, 01:02:38 PM »
Is it possible to hide a section of an object when another is upon it with Autolisp?  :thinking:

For instance, hiding the portion of a line within a circle and only that portion of that line.

I know I can use Wipeouts (or even MText with background), but they mask everything under.  Another tricky way I know for this is to draw a line (arc or whatever) in background color, but it requires keeping it always over the other line and furthermore... What happens if background color changes  :|?

Thanks in advance.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
Re: Partial hiding of an object
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »
I know I can use Wipeouts (or even MText with background), but they mask everything under.

Adjust the draw order?

Pepe

• Newt
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:39:16 AM »
Thank you for the answer, Lee: if Guru says that, I suppose it's not possible in Autolisp.

Now, the question is how keep Wipeouts always over a single object. Any ideas  :idea:?

Sorry for duplicate items: Yesterday I had a long, long delay when posted at first and thought it wasn't uploaded (sometimes I wonder if my ISP is based in another galaxy...  :tickedoff:) If webmaster can remove it will be appreciated.

Regards,

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:50:28 AM »

Yesterday I had a long, long delay when posted at first and thought it wasn't uploaded...

I've seen this behavior too quite frequently.

I think Lee is spot on .. draworder. Look at lm:moveabove.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 01:08:42 PM »

Yesterday I had a long, long delay when posted at first and thought it wasn't uploaded...

Me too - also, when submitting an edit to a post, the post editor seems to remain in 'edit' mode for a long time and sometimes never reverts to viewing the resulting modified post (using FF 61.0.1 64-bit). Though, when I then view the thread containing the edited post in a new browser tab/session, I see that the edit has been committed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:23:47 PM by Lee Mac »

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »

Me too - also, when submitting an edit to a post, the post editor seems to remain in 'edit' mode for a long time and sometimes never reverts to viewing the resulting modified post (using FF 61.0.1 64-bit). Though, when I then view the thread the containing the edited post in a new browser tab/session, I see that the edit has been committed.
Same here but in the latest Chrome x64.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

VovKa

• Water Moccasin
  • Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
1+
FF 60.0 x32