Author Topic: Designed to as installed  (Read 570 times)

alterego

• Newt
Designed to as installed
« on: June 15, 2018, 05:00:16 AM »
I work for a design/build company and I am trying to find out a streamlined method for creating an as built model.

From marking up on site to getting the information back into the model, we need to make sure the information is accurate and complete.

How does your company approach this in a BIM world?

Any thoughts, advice, guidance etc would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

lamarn

• Swamp Rat
Re: Designed to as installed
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:34:47 AM »
Short answer.. We don't
All are bim models become drawings at the end.
As Built dossiers are these drawings with worked out markups after construction.
Client doesn't demand as built models in my dutch civil working enviroment. Yet.
Design is something you should do with both hands. My 2d hand , my 3d hand ..

hudster

• Gator
Re: Designed to as installed
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 05:35:25 AM »
We worked on a project that the contractor had to produce an "As Fitted" BIM level 2 model, and to get the correct installed information, the had a BIM guy based on site permanently during the contract works.
I must admit the model was top notch, not only did he keep it all up to date, he took photos of services that were installed behind walls and linked those photos to the model.
They also had BIM 360 on the project and at the end they gave the FM guys an Ipad with the building loaded and you can walk round and use the ipad as augmented reality and see concealed modelled services which are hidden from view, it was very impressive, but very user intensive.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue