Author Topic: Line weight not plotting to thickness  (Read 3297 times)

gisdude

• Newt
Line weight not plotting to thickness
« on: May 23, 2018, 11:25:13 AM »
Hi all,
I haven't posted in while, sorry.
I'm at my wits' end on this. I have a few drawings that WON'T plot a LINE according to the LINEWIDTH that I've specified in the LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER. Usually it's just changing the MSLTSCALE to 1 (or vice versa). But these handful of drawings aren't working. I do plot by PLOT STYLE, but still nada.
I have searched high and low on various forums, but no go. I have a feeling there must be a variable I'm missing (I just upgraded to 2018MAP 3D).

Thx all,

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
Re: Line weight not plotting to thickness
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:38 PM »
I believe MSLTSCALE only effects linetypes not line widths? The width setting should be in your CTB file.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »
Hi all,
I haven't posted in while, sorry.
I'm at my wits' end on this. I have a few drawings that WON'T plot a LINE according to the LINEWIDTH that I've specified in the LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER. Usually it's just changing the MSLTSCALE to 1 (or vice versa). But these handful of drawings aren't working. I do plot by PLOT STYLE, but still nada.
I have searched high and low on various forums, but no go. I have a feeling there must be a variable I'm missing (I just upgraded to 2018MAP 3D).

Thx all,

Are you using CTB or STB? Is the line the correct color / style ?

gisdude

• Newt
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:56:24 PM »
I do use .ctb files. So, when you're in the plot style table editor dialog, there is an option to "PLOT BY OBJECT LINEWEIGHT". I choose "USE OBJECT LINEWEIGHT."

pendean

• Mosquito
  • "I am not a number, I am a free man"
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 01:18:11 PM »
CTB tables use object or layer color.
PLOT BY OBJECT LINEWEIGHT uses LWEIGHT settings which can be set by object or by layer.

You cannot use both at the same time AFAIK.

So which is it?

steve.carson

• Newt
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:04:23 PM »
If I'm understanding the OP he has a ctb file with the colors set to plot by object lineweight. We do that with our greyscale colors (250-255).

gisdude, are you sure they are lines, and not polylines with a width? A polyline with a width other than 0 will plot that width regardless of lineweights.

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »
Stupid question time: are you plotting to the paper size those lineweights are selected for, and are you scaling lineweights from the plot dialog?
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

gisdude

• Newt
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
So, just to close this up, I noticed that the polyline HAS TO HAVE A GLOBAL WIDTH OF ZERO. That way, the LINEWEIGHT will actually have a "width" to it. It was 99% operator error, but I'd say this is kind of an AUTOCAD design/interface issue.

Thanks for all the helpful hints and tricks...

oy vey...