Author Topic: Oblique Dimension Text from Command Line  (Read 2421 times)

basher76

Oblique Dimension Text from Command Line
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »
*grumbles... fershuggena LT*

So I'm building a palette tool for our detailers to create isometric dimensions.

I have 5 tools right now, that begins the dimaligned command, then when the dimension is placed, sets the oblique of the dim to the appropriate angle (30, 90, 150, 210, 330).

I may just call that good, but I'd like to be able to oblique the text as well.   I can go into DDEDIT and select the text using command line strings, but the option to oblique the text in there appears to be something only possible from the Formatting toolbar.   At least what I can find.

I don't want to make various dim styles or text styles, so if that's the only way to accomplish this, I'll just leave the text as it is.

Any other suggestions for how to oblique dimension text using only the command line? (so I can translate that into a palette tool)

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Oblique Dimension Text from Command Line
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ChrisCarlson

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »
Can you perform a DDEDIT and insert the following? Where 30 = angle .

{\Q30;<>}

basher76

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 05:19:32 PM »
Use the search for ISOText

Also:
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=37429.0

Thank you, I will look through the full results.  However this is LT, so no .LSP available. :-(    I think I saw something related to DCL though.

Can you perform a DDEDIT and insert the following? Where 30 = angle .

{\Q30;<>}

The text rotation is handled by obliquing the dimension iteself, what I'm wanting to do is change the oblique angle of the text to 30/-30 depending on the ISODIM palette selected.

What I have in the command string right now is: ^C^C_dimaligned;\\\dimedit;o;l;;90;

I tried adding ddedit;l; to the end, which selects just the mtext part of the dimension, but that's as far as I have gotten.

I still need to remember how to send "Alt-A" to select the dimension text, then whatever I might need to oblique it.

Thank you both.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:27:16 PM by basher76 »