Author Topic: Launching 2x CAD apps May 13th  (Read 6964 times)

CADbloke

• Bull Frog
  • Crash Test Dummy
Re: Launching 2x CAD apps May 13th
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
So, it's alive! There's a trial download link at https://www.cadreplace.com/. There's also a pathetic attempt at documentation at https://help.cadreplace.com/ Related: Holy ### I'm tired. A trip to MicroConf in Las Vegas didn't help on the sleep catching-up front either. MicroConf was awesome. I am 100% going again next year. I'm 120% hoping my wife doesn't read that.

Ping me if you'd like an extended trial or a review license of CAD Replace. :)  I could really use the feedback. And the publicity. It's all quiet on the www front at the moment - I'm running a full-page ad in the June edition of the AUGI magazine to get some attention. The SEO on replacing text in AutoCAD etc. has a really, really long tail. That's going to be a tough nut to crack.

Next up - a version for BricsCAD - they are super-keen to see one.

https://www.tvCAD.tv made it out the door too. I'd be more than a little shocked if anyone here is even remotely interested in that one but then again the worldwide interest in that has me comprehensively shocked already.

Atook

• Swamp Rat
  • AKA Tim
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »
Congrats man!  :-D

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 02:06:57 PM »
Most developers don't want to do documentation. Many open-source projects have limited documentation because everyone wants to work on the "fun stuff" not the grunt work.   :glare:  Professionally developed software can end up the same way, with it being put off until there's nothing left in the budget.

That's why I do "Documentation Thursdays": unless there is a real emergency (not an "I want to do anything but this" emergency), I force myself to sit down every Thursday and start writing.  Doesn't matter what it is, doesn't have to be perfect, just document *something*.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

CADbloke

• Bull Frog
  • Crash Test Dummy
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »
Documentation Thursdays““ is a great idea. I’m totally going to adopt that. The other great practice is “Marketing Monday” where you focus on getting it known and sold.

I think documentation is really important and often makes the difference in my choices of what to use and buy. I actually enjoy writing it, I just haven’t made the time to do it. Yet.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 03:15:50 PM by CADbloke »

CADbloke

• Bull Frog
  • Crash Test Dummy
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 12:17:51 AM »
Congrats man!  :-D
Thanks, Mate.

At the end of the day ya kinda give up on the shininess and put it out there anyway, the roadblocks never stop coming. So. Many. Moving. Parts. Tired.