Code Red > VB(A)

Error: Component not correctly registered

(1/3) > >>

Keith™:
I have several VBA utilities that have been around for many years, suddenly they will not load.
The last time I was able to successfully load AutoCAD without errors was on December 21, 2017.
I've uninstalled and re-installed and that hasn't resolved the issue.

Using A2k7 on Win10 x64 not that it should make a difference.

I can load any dvb that does not have userforms. If I try to add a userform, the error comes up "Component not correctly registered".

I've tried to register FM20.dll and it succeeds, but doesn't resolve the issue.

This is limited to AutoCAD. Excel works without issue.
Any ideas?

57gmc:
Just a guess, since I don't have the same setup as you...
Could it be that acad 2007 is running vba 6 and xl is running vba 7?

Keith™:
Maybe .. I am also using Office 2007 though.

This only started happening around Christmas so I think it has something to so with an update of some kind.

I remember several years ago that upgrading from IE6 to IE7 killed a whole bunch of Excel macros ... I tested it on a system and found that to be the case. I'm wondering what kind of update killed the forms in VBA 6

I have Visual Studio VB6 installed and it uses the VB6 libraries ... on a hunch I just fired it up and it will not load any of the projects.

57gmc:
I'm not sure what valid options you might have. Things that vb6 relies on are probably things related to XP. You might try compatibility mode for vs6 and reinstalling vb6 enabler for 2007 (if you can still get it).

MP:
<thinking out loud>

If you have an older setup that will successfully load / run your old vb proggies you can export each form to a .frm file which is simple text.

You can then compare (e.g. ProgIDs) to forms exported by current VBA, abuse the originals to suit, then import into a new VBA project.

</thinking out loud>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version