Author Topic: Google Maps 3D View - Draw like in CAD?  (Read 2264 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
Google Maps 3D View - Draw like in CAD?
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:56:51 AM »
This is probably a big no, thought I would ask anyways.

Would there be any way possible to draw in autocad with this type of reference? (Similar to that of a point cloud?)
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Google Maps 3D View - Draw like in CAD?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 08:45:26 AM »

Would there be any way possible to draw in autocad with this type of reference? (Similar to that of a point cloud?)

Is the goal the buildings in 3d?   Yes there is a way..but requires some fudging of the facts......
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:55:25 AM »
I just thought it would neat to offset draw and trim in a Google Earth type of experience. Something different. Don't get me wrong, I know there is a fudging factor compared to how exact we are within CAD. 
Civil3D 2020

nobody

• Swamp Rat
  • .net stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:25:09 PM »

Hey Amigo, If you want a model of the site, need to use ReCap.  Basically, you do a screen video of the building / area rotating around it in 360 degrees then use random software to extract each frame from that video as an image. Then you upload to ReCap, where it processes the building, and spits our a 3d model.  Alternately, you can rotate around the building in google earth and take like 40 screen shots, pasting each screen shot into Photoshop on top of each other, then crop out the window area only, and finally upload that to ReCap where it will build your model. From there you can do whatever you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnj4_6z7XMM

MSTG007

• Gator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 02:26:42 AM »
Dude... that looks interesting.... gotta check that out later today! Thank you for sharing....
Civil3D 2020