Author Topic: UNION FAILURE  (Read 1538 times)

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
UNION FAILURE
« on: December 13, 2017, 08:36:52 AM »
Hi all,
I've decided to update my *.vlx files posted here :
https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=53008.msg579668#msg579668

What I've changed are some minor changes - some (vl-cmdf) calls are changed to (vla-xxx) calls in attempt to make it just a little faster, but main change was made to *-3proj.vlx files, where I still decided to keep original scaling of each projection (previously was 1.0 for top projection, 0.999 for front and 0.998 for left) in order to make as much as possible 3DSOLID transformation correct... But the issue I was faced and before I reattached files was that UNION command couldn't create single 3DSOLID entity from those 3 projections, so I have previously decided to change scaling of them like I stated above in ()... Still, I am not 100% sure if it's just my problem - I have just an ordinary PC, below today standards - I used it for at least over 10 years and haven't changed its configuration ever since... So my question : In some AutoCAD version on some OS with some better PC - more RAM and so on, are you able to union those 3 3DSOLIDS I've colored in red color in attached DWG? If you are able, then I'll leave those *-3proj.vlx unchanged, but I am very pessimistic about this as I believe that this is very old issue with AutoCAD - never really solved solid modelling operations ever since they were firstly introduced...
Thanks for testing and your opinion, M.R.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:40:11 AM by ribarm »
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube

steve.carson

• Newt
Re: UNION FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
There are 4 solids in the file I downloaded. When trying to union all 4 with Civil3D 2016 I get:

"Modeling Operation Error: Inconsistent edge-face relationships."

I tried unioning them one at a time and 2 of them union OK, but then get:

"Modeling Operation Error: Inconsistent containment of intersection curve."

ribarm

• Gator
  • Marko Ribar, architect
Re: UNION FAILURE
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:52:59 PM »
Thanks for reply... I need to union only those in red color (3 3DSOLIDS)... I've tried everything, UNION, SURFSCULPT, EXPLODE => SURFSCULPT... No success... In my codes I used (vla-boolean vla-obj1 acunion vla-obj2) in (while) loop similar like Gilles used it and I saw that snippet - look here : https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=53705.msg583913#msg583913

I don't know how to overcome this, unless someone from ADSK decides to improve UNION and perhaps SURFSCULPT could be better - I mean with some tolerances gaps - automatically fill them - allowed through some future sysvar...

Thanks for try, anyway...
Regards...
Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)

:)

M.R. on Youtube