Author Topic: Timer Active ONLY when AutoCAD session is ONScreen  (Read 6756 times)

CADaver

Timer Active ONLY when AutoCAD session is ONScreen
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 09:33:34 AM »
Code: [Select]
What I usually do is quote the awhole thing by hitting the "quote" in the post.  Then I add a [/quote] where I want to stop quoting the poster and provide an answer.  Then I copy the [quote="somegoofyposter"] and paste it in front of the next section I wish to quote.  Remember each section you wish to quote has to start with [quote] or [quote="someotherposter"] and end with [/quote]

I bracketed everything above in code format so the quote formats wouldn't fershnoodle the post.

t-bear

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 11:55:44 AM »
fershnoodle
there you go with the tekniwogikal terms agin.  [Note to self: gotta look that one up...save to impress the friends.....]

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 12:53:36 PM »
Ok ... I have had some time to think about this ...

I can do just such a program, BUT even though I would love to do it ... I cannot justify the time involved in doing so.

To properly develop, code, debug and test a program would take several hours .. I'd hate to even try to estimate it without some in depth study of the situation.

However, here is what I suspect it would be ...

Program Flow

Program Starts at boot and monitors top level windows
When AutoCAD is top level window
Grab document name
Start timer
Open DB
Check for name in database
If name exists increment time entry
If name does not exist, add entry increment time entry
When drawing loses focus, stop timer, stop DB incrementation, close DB
When drawing changes, reset timer, change DB entry and repeat ...

There it is .. all spelled out in concept ... all it needs to be is implemented ...

If I find time I may do something .. or defer it to RCI for a paid program as a time sheet management program.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

CADaver

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 01:08:26 PM »
Quote from: t-bear
fershnoodle
there you go with the tekniwogikal terms agin.  [Note to self: gotta look that one up...save to impress the friends.....]
Not sure if that's the proper spelling or pronunciation. My dad crashed a plane (B-17) in Switzerland during WWII. As he and his crew piled out of the pile, a young lad rode up on a bicycle and asked "Fershnoodle?" Dad tried to let him know he had no idea what the young man was saying, so the boy made motions with his hands indicating a plane crashing into the ground, then pointed at the remains of the Flying Fortress". From then on dad used the term to indicate something trashed beyond repair.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 02:13:37 PM »
I have been cogitating a bit .. running different phonetic variations of fershnoodle through my mind ...

There are a few words that are close, but one that sticks out is

verschuldet - essentially it is a question regarding the status of the current situation ... literally "is this of your own doing" but there is also another phonetic variant which is roughly translated into "I am in your debt"

Yeah I know it is not exactly phonetic, but lets say you have a few english speaking men wickedly high on adrenaline being approached by a small boy speaking a foreign language ... it is very conceivable that the pronounciation is off a bit ....

Clearly either of the rough translations (of the phonetic variations) could be accurate.

but heck .. "a screwed up tangled mess" works for me too!!
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

CADaver

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 03:17:20 PM »
Quote from: Keith
verschuldet - essentially it is a question regarding the status of the current situation ... literally "is this of your own doing"
Considering it sorta was their own doing, that makes a world of sense.  The mission was strictly recon over Germany, but it seems that during a test fire, a "dud" tracer round was ejected onto the floor in the mid-gunners position.  Some half-hour later the round decided to become "un-dud" and launch itself into a magazine case feeding three of the mid-gunner positions.  No one is really sure what happened next, but from all accounts it was REAL exciting in the mid-gunnery bay for a few minutes.  They lost 2 engines, most of the rudder and elevator controls. plus a round went through the throttle controls dad had his hand on at the time and another took out a good chunk of the pilot-side wind-screen.  They got her turned around and kept her in the air long enough to make the Swiss border.

Yeah I know it is not exactly phonetic, but lets say you have a few english speaking men wickedly high on adrenaline being approached by a small boy speaking a foreign language ... it is very conceivable that the pronounciation is off a bit ....
I'm quite sure it was off more than just a bit.  Everybody but dad and his co-pilot  bailed out a few minutres before the plane "augered in", the mishap had apparently screwed up their route to the bail hatch (that and dad was NOT gonna jump outta plane as long as at least one "butter-padel" was turning) By the time those two had made the "bumpy" landing, climbed through the hole in the wind-screen and slid to the ground, the kid could have been speaking English and they'd have never known.  Dad said he'd have messed his pants, but his sphincter was too tight to let anything pass.  
but heck .. "a screwed up tangled mess" works for me too!!
That's what'll always mean to me anyway.