Author Topic: TheSwamp, as we know it.  (Read 47858 times)

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
Re: TheSwamp, as we know it.
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
Thanks & kudos to Mick.

no worries, thanks :)

John and Mark did a lot of work too crossing their fingers each time they had to test a tweak to the system.  :yes:
"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2018, 06:50:29 PM »
As of now, the Custom code tags with syntax highlighting has been reinstalled and is working perfectly again. We all owe MickD a huge thank you for his PHP skills.
Wow, that was fast and a perfect example of why this forum is important, how many places do you know of that has people with not only the willingness to step in and do this, but also the skills to do so this quickly?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #167 on: January 26, 2018, 10:41:11 AM »
Thanks & kudos to Mick.

Ditto  8)
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2018, 01:11:26 PM »
As of now, the Custom code tags with syntax highlighting has been reinstalled and is working perfectly again. We all owe MickD a huge thank you for his PHP skills.
Wow, that was fast and a perfect example of why this forum is important, how many places do you know of that has people with not only the willingness to step in and do this, but also the skills to do so this quickly?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2018, 07:10:44 PM »
Quote from: Mark
We are getting close with the attachments. I have about 3000 left to upload.

Yeow: Thank you for everything you've done and do for this community Mark!
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2018, 07:47:40 PM »
Quote from: Mark
We are getting close with the attachments. I have about 3000 left to upload.
By my rough calcs: that's about 3,400 attachments a day, since we've switched. ...JimmyJohns ain't got nothing on you but do you think you can speed it up a little?
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

feng

• Mosquito
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2018, 08:46:39 AM »
Hi Mark,

I vividly remember the years when I used to spend hours on this forum years ago. But I haven't been using AutoCAD for quite a few years since I moved to a new job which has nothing to do with civil engineering.

I was organizing some online passwords today and saw theswamp.org. It brought me back. But I wasn't able to use the old login name and password and I had to register this new one.

It felt great to see quite a few familiar names are still here, including Michael who had visited Hawaii and taught Civil 3D at the company where I used to work.

My warm regards to all the old/new friends here.

Aloha,
Kelie

enderprime

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2018, 07:11:47 PM »
I am an AutoCAD and Civil 3D programmer at work and the swamp helped me with some tough problems when I was new to lisp. I have a hosting account with a local provider here in Houston with many domains, and I would be glad to add the swamp to the list if you want to look into moving / exporting the forum database to our hosted servers. We've had the host for something like 10 years and no plans on stopping anytime soon since some friends run businesses through it.

Let me know man I would hate to see this awesome resource disappear  :smitten:

ender.prime@gmail.com

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:10 AM »
Let me know man I would hate to see this awesome resource disappear  :smitten:
Thanks for the offer. I actually moved it to a hosting service last month. So all is well. theswamp.org/forum isn't going anywhere as long as there is someone to keep it running.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:32 AM »
That is so awesome! Thanks Mark!
Civil3D 2020

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2018, 07:30:41 AM »
That is so awesome! Thanks Mark!
You're welcome! :)

rw2691

• Newt
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2018, 02:49:23 PM »
@MP,

Welcome Gary. You’ve found the #1 site for those afflicted with OCD (Obsessive CAD Development). I share your sentiments about Autodesk - wish I was in a position to buy BricsCAD, REALLY want to start supporting said platform with a vengeance. Looking forward to your contributions, cheers. :thumbsup:

Go to...  https://www.bricsys.com/protected/registerDeveloper?type=developer

If you want to do commercial programming (for free use or by sales) they will provide you with a free installation of BricsCAD. I opted to buy my copy instead, because I do CAD work through my profession.

It is a great CAD! I had no trouble porting my LISP programs, and minimal trouble with doing the same for my COM applications. Everything is running with no bugs.

Rick
Hippocrates (400BC), "Life is short, craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult."

DeeGeeCees_V.2.0

• Newt
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2018, 08:54:54 AM »
I'm glad I made it back in here, and to see it's still thriving with some familiar faces. This one of the first forums I've ever signed up on. Lots of remarkable people doing remarkable things, all thanks to Mark.

Cheers!

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2018, 09:11:21 AM »
I'm glad I made it back in here, and to see it's still thriving with some familiar faces. This one of the first forums I've ever signed up on. Lots of remarkable people doing remarkable things, all thanks to Mark.
Wow! Thank you very much D. :)

ScottMC

• Newt
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2018, 11:08:58 PM »
Please "put the things of the past behind you" as what is now is the most valuable! At least to me.