Author Topic: TheSwamp, as we know it.  (Read 48842 times)

Daniel J. Ellis

• Swamp Rat
Re: TheSwamp, as we know it.
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2018, 03:46:23 AM »
Congratulations Mark, and thank you as ever for your hard work (though I have no conception of WHAT the move may have entailed for you!).

When I logged on this morning I can a certificate error - I presume that's related?

dJE
===
dJE

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2018, 06:00:24 AM »
Seems like you did put a few extra horses under the hood,  Mark.   Thanks for keeping this place great.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2018, 07:26:41 AM »
When I logged on this morning I can a certificate error - I presume that's related?

Yep. Haven't setup the ssl just yet. I wanted to get everything else working first.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2018, 07:37:31 AM »
Looking pretty good!
Civil3D 2020

Daniel J. Ellis

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2018, 08:28:43 AM »

Yep. Haven't setup the ssl just yet. I wanted to get everything else working first.

Great - wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

dJE
===
dJE

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »

You can also just remove the "s" from https://....

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2018, 10:30:49 AM »
Wow, site seems speedy. Hope there’s full link integrity and this means less demands on Mark’s time and energies. Kudos to Mark for well over a decade of superlative support and community building.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2018, 10:53:51 AM »
Wow, site seems speedy. Hope there’s full link integrity and this means less demands on Mark’s time and energies. Kudos to Mark for well over a decade of superlative support and community building.
This ^^  :)

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

dubb

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2018, 01:44:38 AM »
Hmm....after reading the last 10 comments..I finally found out what's happened to our swamp. Nice upgrade for 2018! We are off to a good start.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2018, 03:26:37 PM »
Congrats and nice job, Mark.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2018, 07:25:07 PM »
Everyone, I'm sorry to say that the custom code tags we worked so hard to integrate (we had a forum mod which I had to update for the latest version of PHP at the time) is very far out of date and most likely will not be re-intergrated into theSwamp. To do that, I would have to fork that mod and overhaul it for our current setup.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2018, 07:47:45 PM »
Everyone, I'm sorry to say that the custom code tags we worked so hard to integrate (we had a forum mod which I had to update for the latest version of PHP at the time) is very far out of date and most likely will not be re-intergrated into theSwamp. To do that, I would have to fork that mod and overhaul it for our current setup.

I'm happy to contribute to get this back on track, let me know what I can do and where to start.
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »

I'm happy to contribute to get this back on track, let me know what I can do and where to start.
That's awesome. ...I don't have PHP or anything to test anything on at the moment but I suppose the first steps after I get configured myself was going to be to start a new project on github and start messing around (I'd like to do it right this time). Honestly, the only information I have so far is "it was throwing up a ton of errors". The last time this happened, I edited the mod blind (no php and/or ide); I did most of the modifications via a ssh session, vi, and patch files (it was very "old school" and done mostly with coffee, will power, and mind control). I'll get a link to you--so you can peek at the mod--and we can at least start forming a plan from there.

EDIT: PM sent.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:18:59 PM by John Kaul (Se7en) »

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »
As of now, the Custom code tags with syntax highlighting has been reinstalled and is working perfectly again. We all owe MickD a huge thank you for his PHP skills.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »
Thanks & kudos to Mick.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst