Author Topic: Creating a routine: for DataExtraction  (Read 1684 times)

GDF

• Water Moccasin
Creating a routine: for DataExtraction
« on: June 19, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »
Has anyone played around with creating a routine for using AutoCAD's "DataExtraction"?
I am trying to simply the process for creating the extraction table...without going through all of the dialog boxes.

Gary
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?
BricsCAD 2020x64 Windows 10x64

GDF

• Water Moccasin
Re: Creating a routine: for DataExtraction
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
This what I am trying to simply with a lisp routine:

1.Click Annotate tabTables panelExtract Data.   
2.On the Begin page, click Create a New Data Extraction. If you want to use a template (DXE or BLK) file, click Use Previous Extraction as a Template and click Next.
3.On the Save Data Extraction As dialog box, enter a file name for the data extraction file and click Save.
4.On the Define Data Source page, specify the drawings or folders from which to extract data and click Next.
5.On the Select Objects page, select objects from which to extract data and click Next.
6.On the Select Properties page, select properties from which to extract data and click Next.
7.On the Refine Data page, reorder columns as needed and click Next.
8.On the Choose Output page, click Insert Data Extraction Table into Drawing to create a data extraction table. Click Next.
9.On the Table Styles page, choose a table style. Enter a title for the table if necessary. Click Next.
10.On the Finish page, click Finish.

In the drawing, click an insertion point when prompted to create the table.
Why is there never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »
Looks like most of it could be done with command calls and -DATAEXTRACTION.

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
I've never tried to automate the automation.  I've always built my own, to my own requirements.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}

GDF

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:20:48 AM »
Thanks

What I'm looking for is to use a template dxe file "formatted" to work with the "same attributed block and values". This template needs to work on different drawings and on different projects.

Gary