Author Topic: Adesk Inventor forums?  (Read 10109 times)

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
Adesk Inventor forums?
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:13:09 AM »
So if I end up using Inventor again, where's the current cool place to go for searching existing/solved problems, issues, finding peer support, and all that?  Are the autodesk forums the 'best' place to go and search, or is there another indexed/searchable 'knowledge base' forum for this type of thing?

I've been mostly in Solidworks and Siemens NX for the past several years and want to catch up on all the coolness of Autodesk Inventor for... reasons.  I love (and find it humorous) how pervasive Autodesk has become in social media.  They even have video clips on Instagram  :-D and as usual, there are gobs of Youtube vids, blogs, and such sources or demos, tutorials, etc.

I just thought if I had one go-to source for 90+% of solution-sourcing, I might make it easy on myself.

ETA:  I also seem to think that they've been really improving their mechanical development side, since they've broken into manufacturing with a VERY strong start (Fusion 360 for example) and have what seems like a pretty smart staff of mechanical/tooling designers and machinists in various software dev roles.  That makes me hopeful that I'd like working with Autodesk products again.  :-D

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Adesk Inventor forums?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 04:12:15 PM »
Judging by the overwhelming response you've received here, I'd say the "cool place" is the ADSK forums. Don't seem to be too many Inventor/Fusion-y people 'round these parts.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

57gmc

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 10:33:06 AM »
You can find the Inventor forum here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/bd-p/78 Support turn around is very quick.

JNieman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »
Thanks.  Just seeing the replies as I was on vacation last week.

I do remember the 3D section here, in general (aside from Revit, which is still a bit mild) was pretty lukewarm.   I see a lot of new names here and thought it'd be worth a shot.  I always check this place before venturing elsewhere, because I at least know the quality is here, if not quantity.

I've been checking out the autodesk forums.  Looks good, but I remember how they were before, which was high quantity... heavy with detritus.   Hopefully that's changed.  I've seen a lot of neat stuff about Inventor recently which has changed my mind about it (always preferred Solidworks for that niche of software)

dgorsman

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 10:30:16 AM »
Thanks.  Just seeing the replies as I was on vacation last week.

I do remember the 3D section here, in general (aside from Revit, which is still a bit mild) was pretty lukewarm.   I see a lot of new names here and thought it'd be worth a shot.  I always check this place before venturing elsewhere, because I at least know the quality is here, if not quantity.

I've been checking out the autodesk forums.  Looks good, but I remember how they were before, which was high quantity... heavy with detritus.   Hopefully that's changed.  I've seen a lot of neat stuff about Inventor recently which has changed my mind about it (always preferred Solidworks for that niche of software)

There's always a few problems, but some things have changed.  There's much better participation from Autodesk folks.  And there's a *lot* of volunteer help done by the "usual suspects".  There may be some problems depending on the browser you are using for posting, there's a thing or two that may need unblocking otherwise posts get "de-paragraphed".  If you have problems posting head over to the global Community topics board, they can get most of them sorted there.
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.

try {GreatPower;}
   catch (notResponsible)
      {NextTime(PlanAhead);}
   finally
      {MasterBasics;}