Author Topic: Array of lines overriding draw order  (Read 5754 times)

cgeorg13

Array of lines overriding draw order
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I have been working on a block in paperspace for profiles that uses a wipeout to cover anything in the viewport that you dont want visible. I have arraying grid lines with a slider for the matchline marker.

A little info, every 5th minor grid line I need to depict a major grid line. For this to work I needed to have 2 different array actions, one for the minor, one for the major grid line.

The problem is, the minor grid lines are overriding the major due to the draw order of new entities in the block. In other words, the minor grid lines are sitting on top of the major grid lines when i use certain distances.

Can anyone help with this?
Attached is the block.dwg

ChrisCarlson

Re: Array of lines overriding draw order
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:04:50 PM »
Inserted it into a new .dwg and it seems to work as expected? The only issue I saw was the lack of background mask on the text entities.

cgeorg13

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »
Inserted it into a new .dwg and it seems to work as expected? The only issue I saw was the lack of background mask on the text entities.

Yes the background mask for the text is along the same lines as the initial issue, it doesn't display on top of the arrayed lines; and the lines do display correctly when it is extended to a certain distance but an example is when the distance is a shorter. See image.

The left doesnt display the second primary gridline and the one on the right has an extra primary gridline due to trying to fix the display error by adding an additional primary gridline array action.

MMccall402

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 09:24:22 PM »
Try two overlapping associative NET style hatches within a polyline boundary. Dynamically stretch the boundary and the hatch will follow. Set the scale of the major hatch at 5x the minor.