Author Topic: MText & DXF Codes  (Read 2119 times)

Julian Smith

MText & DXF Codes
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:24:47 PM »
If I change DXF code 41 for for Mtext I can adjust the column width for MText, while column style is set to none.

If I change DXF code 42 for for Mtext I can adjust the column height for MText, while column style is set to none.

However, if I change the DXF code for the column style (75) to either static or dynamic, the MText seems to retain the DXF code 42 value for the column height, but…

the DXF code value for 41 seems to always reset itself to 1.

Does anyone know if this is a default value? Can it be changed if it is a default?

Once I set an MText column type to static or dynamic, the column height and width seem to become read-only for modifying them via DXF codes.

I feel like I am stuck going in circles. Many thanks if anyone has any advice.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: MText & DXF Codes
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:39:20 PM »
From the DXF reference guide:

Horizontal width of the characters that make up the mtext entity. This value will always be equal to or less than the value of group code 41 (read-only, ignored if supplied)

Vertical height of the mtext entity (read-only, ignored if supplied)

75 Column type
76 Column count
78 Column Flow Reversed
79 Column Autoheight
48 Column width
49 Column gutter
50 Column heights; this code is followed by a column count (Int16), and then the number of column heights

Julian Smith

Re: MText & DXF Codes
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 06:53:37 PM »
Thanks Jeff for the reply.

I made a typo in my original post.

It was DXF code 75 that I am struggling with, where it always seems to reset the column width to 1, when I change th column type to dynami or static.

I was hoping someone might know if this is a default value that I cold change somehow with LISP. It is easy to change from the properties window in AutoCAD, when working with MText, but I have not been able to find a way to do it with LISP yet.