Author Topic: Insert block from pull down menu  (Read 1365 times)

like_citrus

• Newt
Insert block from pull down menu
« on: March 14, 2020, 08:23:10 AM »
Hi, this is my first post.
The query relates to inserting a block from a pull down menu ... I have asked the query on two other forums over a few months span but still have not been able to resolve.

The initial part of the code allows me to insert a block with a unique name, by taking the filename of the block and appending the date to the nearest second. This part works fine now.

The next part of the code attempts to show the outline of the block and allow for snapping during insertion. Apparently this is not easy to achieve and a method has been developed by Lee Mac using GrSnap (http://www.lee-mac.com/grsnap.html).
Although it does work, what happens is that after insertion, a "zoom box" or "selection box" comes up automatically, which causes me to lose my workflow, ie, annoying.

NOTE:
- The custom menu is done with an MNU file, loaded using a SCR (script) file. There is one CAD file for each steel section. And all drawings, MNU file and SCR file are all placed in one folder.
- The LISP file is set to auto load.
- If testing, place attachments in C drive in a new folder called "Folder1".
- In the menu I have Universal Beams and Universal Columns. For testing purposes, the Universal Beams are inserted using the LSP code, and this is where I'm having problems.
- I know that this method may be old by now but I started it over 10 years ago and am now just returning to it. Please don't suggest other methods as it would be too difficult to start again, and stubbornly want to resolve this anyway.